Description of the drug:
Sumatriptan is the main ingredient present in Suminat 100mg. It is an anti migraine pain relief medication that is helpful in reducing migraine headaches.
Indications and Usage:
It helps narrow down the blood vessels around the brain. It also helps lower the substances in the body that leads to migraine symptoms including nausea, headache,
sensitivity to light and sound, and other symptoms of migraine. This drug will only treat a migraine attack; it will not prevent migraine attacks from happening. You
can buy Suminat 100 mg online. The medicine is not to be used for general tension headache. It is to be taken only after your doctor had confirmed that your headache
is migraine headache. The drug is not to be given to anyone below the age of 18 years.
Dosage and Administration
The dosage of Sumatriptan may depend on several factors such as sex, age, severity of the condition, allergies to drugs among many other factors. Your doctor will
determine your dosage after careful examination. Make sure to follow your doctor’s advice for the best results.
-Method of Administration:
Take Sumatriptan immediately after you notice your headache symptoms. Take the tablet with a glass of water. Do not break or crush the tablet.
After taking Sumatriptan, you may feel dizzy. This may have an impact on your reflexes and thinking capabilities. Stay away from activities such as using heavy
machinery, driving or any other activities that need mental alertness and great attention unless you are sure that you do it safely.
As Sumatriptan is taken when needed; it is not likely that you would miss a dosage.
In case there is an over dosage, seek medical attention immediately. Excess dosage may lead to symptoms such as redness on skin, tremors or shaking, lack of
coordination, breathing problems, watery eyes or mouth, blue colored lips or fingernails, weakness, or seizures.
Forms and Strengths
Form – Tablet and Nasal spray
Strength – Sumiat 100 mg, Suminat 50 mg, Suminat 25 mg,and Suminat nasal spray-10 mdi.
It is contraindicated in people who are allergic to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions:
- It is best to avoid the medicine if you have an allergy to it, if you have had heart ailments, if you ever had a heart attack or stroke, if you faced blood circulation
- issues, if there was lack of blood supply to the heart, if there was uncontrolled blood pressure, if you suffered from severe liver ailments, if you had ischemic bowel
- disease or if the pain in the head feels unusual.
- It is a pregnancy category C drug, which means that the effect on an unborn baby is not known when taken at the time of pregnancy. The medicine can get into breast
- milk and harm a nursing baby. Make sure to inform your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby soon or are a nursing mother. Your doctor will tell
- you if the medicine is safe for you.
- It is rare to experience side effects of Sumatriptan. However, some side effects are coldness in hand or feet, blue colored nails, hearing changes, seizures, or mood
- changes. The drug may increase serotonin levels in the body and lead to a serious condition known as serotonin syndrome. Inform your doctor immediately if you
- experience any symptoms after taking the drug.
- Some other side effects of Sumatriptan are tingling weakness, sensation, flushing, numbness, warm feeling, prickling, chest/jaw/neck tightness, drowsiness, or
- giddiness. If any of these symptoms persists, call a doctor immediately. Also keep in mind you may experience other side effects that are not listed here.
- If you have taken any other anti migraine medication such as rizatriptan, Sumatriptan injection, zolmitriptan, eletriptan, or others; or ergot medications like
- dihydroergotamine, ergotamine, or methylergonovine, take Sumatriptan only after a 24 hour interval.
- Avoid Sumatriptan if you have used any of the following MAO inhibitor medications in the past 14 days: rasagiline, isocarboxazid, tranylcypromine, phenelzine,
- selegiline, or furazolidone.
- Make sure to also inform your doctor if you are on antidepressant pills such as citalopram, duloxetine, sertraline, escitalopram, desvenlafaxine, fluoxetine,
- fluvoxamine, paroxetine, or venlafaxine.
- Certain antidepressant drugs can react with the medicine. Inform your doctor if you are taking the following medicines citalopram, desvenlafaxine, fluoxetine,
- escitalopram, sertraline, duloxetine, paroxetine, fluvoxamine, or venlafaxine. If there is any other medicine that you are taking, inform about that as well.
The active ingredient is Sumatriptan. It works by narrowing blood vessels in the brain, which helps to relieve cluster headaches and migraine.
Store in a cool and dry place.
It is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company based in Mumbai. You can easily buy Suminat 100 mg online from
our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.