Seretide Diskus 250 mcg / 50 mcg (60 Doses)
Seretide Diskus (Fluticasone and Salmeterol 250mcg/50mcg) 60 Doses/Pack (Turkish)
Made in France. English language leaflet provided.
Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Advair Diskus|
|Strength||250 mcg / 50 mcg|
|Generic Name||Fluticasone and Salmeterol Inhalation Powder, pre-dispensed BP|
Seretide Diskus is a dual drug combination having two active ingredients in it. Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol Xinafoate are the active moieties that are used in the management of Asthma and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It collectively relaxes the constricted airways in the lungs and avoids the generation of substances that cause inflammation and irritation. Seretide Diskus is designed in such a way that it delivers the medicine directly at the target site i.e. lungs and produce its action.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Seretide Diskus inhaler is recommended in the treatment of COPD and Asthma. Its targeted action with minimal side effects makes it the most preferred drug for the above mentioned condition.
Understanding the drug Seretide Diskus:
How it works?
Seretide Diskus contains two active moieties Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol Xinafoate and it aids smooth breathing.
It is a corticosteroid and demonstrates the anti-inflammatory properties and cures asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It stops the activity of inflammatory products and allergic mediators that leads to asthmatic response. In COPD, this active ingredient predominately stops the action of neutrophils, CD8+, T lymphocytes and inflammatory mediators that blocks the passage of airflow.
It is a long beta 2 receptor agonist and relaxes the smooth muscles, thus dilates the constricted bronchioles. Salmeterol is a potent and has long lasting effects. It acts via inhibiting the action of histamine, Leukotriene and prostaglandin D2 mediators in lungs.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Seretide Diskus if you:
- Are allergic to Seretide Diskus (Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol Xinafoate)
- Are patient of diabetes and Thyrotoxicosis
- Have Tuberculosis
- Have Cardiovascular diseases
- Have low levels of potassium
How much to take?
The general prescribed dose ranges in asthma are as follows:
50mcg Fluticasone Propionate /100 mcg Salmeterol Xinafoate -One inhalation twice a day for both adults and children (4 years and older)
50mcg Fluticasone Propionate /250 mcg Salmeterol Xinafoate and 50mcg Fluticasone Propionate /500 mcg Salmeterol Xinafoate is also taken twice daily.
In case of COPD, the recommended dose of Seretide Diskus (250/50) is one inhalation twice a day. The correct and best therapeutic dose is decided by the doctor after assessing the severity of condition. Always take the medicine after consulting with your doctor
What are the strengths available?
Seretide Diskus inhaler contains the following three strength combinations of the active ingredients Fluticasone Propionate and Salmeterol Xinafoate:
Seretide Diskus 100mcg/50 mcg
Seretide Diskus 250 mcg/ 50 mcg
Seretide Diskus 500 mcg/ 50 mcg
Who is the manufacturer?
Seretide Diskus is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 1, 2 and 3 dosage.
How to take?
The directions are as follows:
- Hold the Diskus near your mouth
- Push the thumb grip away, until a click is heard
- Hold the mouthpiece of Diskus towards your mouth
- Slide lever away until it clicks
- Breathe out away from the device
- Suck steadily and deeply from the mouthpiece
- Remove the Diskus and hold on the breathe for ten seconds
- Breathe out slowly and remove it
- Wait for thirty seconds before repeating the process again
It would be best for you to take medicine at the same time each day. It also lowers the chances of missing a dose.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the medicine as instructed by your doctor. Even if you feel fine, don’t stop taking medicine. Before discontinuing the medicine, consult your Doctor
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you encounter any of the following conditions like
- Allergic reaction
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest tightness
What if you miss the dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose, if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. You need to consult doctor if following effects are observed such as:
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular heartbeat
- Mental confusion
- Mood swings
- Visual disturbances
Some mild effects are as follows:
- Stomach disturbances
Are there any possible drug interactions?
The following drugs should be avoided in case doctor prescribes you Seretide Diskus as they may interact and produces undesired effects:
- Selective and non selective beta blockers
What are the things to be taken care of?
- It is very important to keep full record of the doses administered can impair your thinking or reaction. So be careful while driving or doing any other motor activity
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- The apt dosage and prescription is based on the information given by the patient and the condition being treated
- Always consult your physician for any kind of dose adjustment
- This product is only for use as prescribed and instructed