US$ 0.69Regular Price
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.69||US$ 20.6054%US$ 45.05||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.69||US$ 41.2054%US$ 90.09||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.69||US$ 61.8054%US$ 135.14||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Crestor|
Rosuvastatin is an oral drug that decreases the cholesterol levels in the blood. It belongs to the class of drugs known as Statins. They help in lowering the high cholesterol levels in blood. It decreases the LDL cholesterol (Bad) levels in the body. This all decreases the risk of stroke, heart attack and other cardiovascular complication.
Rosuvastatin is a HMG-CoA inhibitors used in the treatment of Dyslipidemia and is one of the most favoured drugs as it has following fetaures:
- Specific action on the target organ
- Specific action of the drug
- Possess high potency and shows minimal side effects
- Shows greater clinical effects than Statins
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Rosuvastatin is used in the treatment of Dyslipidemia, reduces risk of cardiovascular conditions like stroke, unstable angina and myocardial infarction
Understanding the drug Rosuvastatin:
How it works?
Rosuvastatin is a drug that lowers the cholesterol levels in the body.
Rosuvastatin is HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors and plays a central role in synthesis of cholesterol. It stops the activity of the enzyme known as HMG-CoA reductase and has a key role in cholesterol production. Rosuvastatin increases the removal of LDL-C (bad cholesterol) and high triglyceride levels from the body. It increases the HDL (good cholesterol) levels and prevents deposition of fats in body tissues.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Rosuvastatin if you:
- Are allergic to Rosuvastatin
- Have diabetes
- Have history of liver disease
- Have muscle pain or weakness
- Have a hypo or hyperthyroidism
- Have kidney disease
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The general recommended dose is 10 mg to be taken once in a day as per doctor’s advice. If needed, dose can increase up to 40 mg daily in severe cases after consulting with doctor.With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Rosuvastatin tablets contain the following four strength combinations that are available on our website:
- Rosuvas 5 mg
- Rosuvas 10 mg
- Rosuvas 20 mg
- Rozavel 40 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Rosuvas is manufactured by Ranbaxy Laboratories Limited, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
Rozavel is manufactured by Sun Pharma, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Always follow the prescription.
When to take?
Rosuvastatin is taken once daily with or without food. It is a best way to take the medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug. It may be taken with or without food in the morning or evening.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
In case of Overdose, one should immediately consult with his doctor.
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
- Abdominal pain and discomfort
- Muscular pain and weakness
Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
- Unexplained muscle pain, tenderness
- Swelling, weight gain and increased thirst
- Breathing difficulties
- Chest tightness
- Symptoms of liver problems like yellowing of skin or eyes, loss of appetite and unusual tiredness
- Hunger, dry mouth and drowsiness
- Dry skin, abdominal pain , itching , dark colored stools
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Rosuvastatin:
- Aluminum and Magnesium hydroxide
- Nicotinic acid
- Other drugs falling under same category like Lovastatin and Simvastatin
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Eat green vegetables like Carrots, Peas and Green beans. Increase the intake of fibrous products like Apples, bananas and peach as it will really help you in cut down on saturated fat
- Limit the intake of Alcohol as it may increase the drowsiness effect
- Along with this drug, diet exercise and weight control are also needed
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose
Frequently bought along with this product
Generic For : DiamoxActive Ingredients : AcetazolamideSold Out
Generic For : PlavixActive Ingredients : Clopidogrel
Generic For : RequipActive Ingredients : RopiniroleSold Out
Generic For : MiraprexActive Ingredients : Pramipexole
Generic For : CoumadinActive Ingredients : Warfarin
Generic For : LamisilActive Ingredients : Terbinafine HCl