|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.79||US$ 23.84||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.79||US$ 47.67||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.79||US$ 71.52||
|US Brand Name||Calcijex|
Description of the drug
Calcitriol is the main active ingredient present in Rocaltrol– 0.25 mg Tablet. Calcitriol belongs to the group of medications called vitamin D3 metabolites, which actively regulates and absorb the calcium from the gastrointestinal tract and its utilization in the body. This drug is used for the correction of the abnormalities of calcium and phosphate metabolism in patients with renal osteodystrophy.
Indications and Usage
This medicine is used to treat certain conditions caused by abnormal parathyroid hormone levels or low levels of calcium in the blood. It is usually used in people who are on dialysis. Calcitriol is also used to treat or prevent Rickets, Osteomalacia, Hypophosphatemia, and used in premature babies who are having low level of blood calcium.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition, therefore, it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
2-Method of Administration:
Rocaltrol is available in the form of a tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take this medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
Do not take double dose at one time. If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.
The overdose of any drug either purposely or accidently can cause you harmful effects. Sometimes overdose of a medicine may be poisonous too. In case of an overdose, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Calcitriolis available on our website in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Rocaltrol– 0.25mg Tablet
- Calcitriol should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant woman
- Breastfeeding mother, must not take this drug because it may harm the unborn child as it has a tendency to pass through the breast milk
- Do not take this medicine if you are having a high level of vitamin D or calcium in the blood.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Calcitriol cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Rocaltrol-0.25 mg Tablets online, it is advised to do a deep research and go through each and every ingredient present in the formulation.
- Diabetic patients are advised to use this medicament only after your doctor’s consultation.
- If you are having any blood vessel disorder, then you should take the consultation of your doctor before taking this medicine.
- If you are having a constipation or a stomach ulcer, then before taking this medicament consult your doctor.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult their doctor before taking this medicament.
- Those patients who are having an excessive drowsiness or you unexpectedly fall asleep, then inform your doctor about this before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are having a high blood pressure problem, must take consultation with your doctor prior taking this medicine.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the older aged people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Weight loss
- Stomach cramp
- Increased thirst
- Lower back pain
- Leg cramp
- Hair loss
- Light headedness
- Dry mouth
- Blocked nose
- Unexpected bruising
- Feeling sick
- Discolored urine
- Eye irritation
- Redness of a skin
- Throat infection
- Unusual weakness
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Calcitriol:
- Calcium supplements
- Other form of vitamin D
Inform your doctor about your past medical history details and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Calcitriol.
Rocaltrol comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Calcitriol.This drug is a man made vitamin D, that helps to regulate calcium and phosphate levels in the body which are important for maintaining a healthy strong bones and teeth. This drug works by promoting proper absorption and use of calcium and phosphate by the body in normal bone development and maintenance.
Calcitriol Tablet should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not freeze this medicine. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Rocaltrol– 0.25mg Tablet is manufactured by Abbott Healthcare, India. It is a well known Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Rocaltrol– 0.25mg Tablet online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.