Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Mellari|
|Manufacturer||Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, INDIA|
Description of the drug:
Thioridazine is the main active ingredient present in the drug Ridazin 10 mg drug. This drug belongs to a group of phenothiazine medication. It is also well known as antipsychotic medicine and is variedly used for the treatment of severe mental illness, psychosis, and schizophrenia. The constituent present in Ridazin 10 mg drug is the piperidine metabolite.
Indications and Usage:
This drug is prescribed by doctors for the treatment of schizophrenia and can be used along with other antipsychotic drugs. This drug should be used as the terminal stages of treatment for patients who have not shown any sign of improvement to other kinds of antipsychotic medication either because of ineffectiveness or the adverse side effects. Ridazin 10 mg drug should preferably be tested before introducing to the patient by giving one or two test dose trials.
Dosage and administration:
The recommended dose of Thioridazine drug is 10 mg 4 to 5 times every day. This medication can be consumed with or without food.
Please contact your doctor before giving this medicine to patients below 12 years of age. The dose should be adjusted gradually within a period of one to two weeks, but after taking advice from your doctor. However, do not exceed a normal dose of more than 100 mg dose per day.
-Mode of administration:
This drug is available in the form of a tablet and, therefore should be consumed orally. It should be consumed with sufficient amount of water.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and Strengths:
Thioridazine drug is available in the form of a tablet and under the following strengths:
- Ridazin – 10 mg
- Ridazin – 25 mg
- Ridazin – 50 mg
- Ridazin – 100 mg
You can buy Ridazin 10 mg tablets online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price
Thioridazine is known to contraindicate in the following cases:
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Children below 18 years of age
- Patient with severe central nervous system complications
- Patient in coma state
- Hypertension state
- Patient with severe cardiovascular disorder
Warnings and Precautions:
You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Thioridazine has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Please consult your doctor before taking Thioridazine along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- Please use this drug as prescribed and instructed. Any alteration in the dosage without informing your doctor can cause severe side effects
- Avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages if you are taking this medicine. If alcohol is consumed along withThioridazine drug it may alter the effectiveness of the drug
- Avoid smoking if you are taking this medicine. Smoking may cause an increase in the metabolism of your body if you are already taking this medicine
- Special care should be given while prescribing this drug to patients with leukopenia. This drug should be taken along other anticonvulsant medication in order to avoid the risk of seizures
- When you buy Ridazin 10 mg drug from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com, prepare a note of all the above instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
This drug has been reported to cause severe side effects like:
- Change in vision
- Stomach pain
- Vomiting and nausea
- Fluctuation in blood sugar level
- Bleeding nose
- Prolonged QT interval in ECG
- Abnormal stools
- Loss of appetite
- Fever and insomnia
- Skin problems
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Mood swings
- Allergic reactions
Several drugs which are known to interact and interfere with the working mechanism of Theophylline are:
- Cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors like clarithromycin, ritonavir
- Drugs that prolong QT interval in ECG
Thioridazine is the main active ingredient present in the drug Ridazin 10 mg drug. This drug resembles phenothiazinein its working mechanism. This drug binds to various kinds of receptors in the body and has several functions like hypotension, exerting anticholinergic effects, low extrapyramidal effects, sedating effects, and release of acid in gastrointestinal lumen.
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pets
- Store at room temperature
- Keep the drug away from heat and moisture
- Do not discard the expired medicine without wrapping it properly.
This drug is manufactured by one of the leading transnational company, Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Limited. This company is one of the top biotechnology giants that uses innovative technologies for various drug discovery programmes.