Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name
|Pioglitazone + Metformin
Description of the drug
Pioglitazone and Metformin is the main active ingredient present in Pioglit MF Forte - 15 mg + 850 mg tablet. It is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. Pioglitazone is for people with type 2 diabetes, it is sometimes used in combination with insulin or other medications, but it is not for treating type 1 diabetes.
Indications and Usage
Pioglit MF Forte is an antidiabetic drug used for the controlling of type 2 diabetes. It is used in combination with diet and exercise to lower blood glucose in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient conditions, therefore, it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Pioglit MF Forte is available in the form of a tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take once or twice daily before or after having a meal as prescribed by the doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed one.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may cause side effects, sometimes it may be poisonous. In any case, of an overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Pioglitazone and Metformineis available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Pioglit MF Forte - 15 mg + 850 mg Tablet
- Pioglitazone and Metformin tablet should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant woman, or to woman who are planning to get pregnant in the near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
- Do not use this drug if you have a bladder cancer or moderate to severe heart failure
- Do not use this drug if you have type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Pioglitazoneand Metformin cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Pioglit- 15mg + 850 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who suffer from any kind of liver problem, including jaundice, then you must consult your doctor before taking this drug.
- Patients who are suffering from any eye infection, then before taking this medicine contact your doctor.
- People having a swelling problem or edema should avoid taking this medicine or ask your doctor once for its use.
- Patients who are having severe anemia that is a disease of less red blood cell than normal. In this condition tell your doctor before taking this medicament.
- If the patients have a problem with low blood pressure, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug may be more sensitive to older age people, therefore this drug with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Bone fracture
- Weight gain
- Inability to sleep
- Low blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Uneven heartbeats
- Pale yellow skin
- Redness of your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Pioglitazone and Metformin:
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Pioglitazone and Metformin.
Pioglit – 15 mg + 850 mg comprises of an two active pharmaceutical ingredients called Pioglitazone and Metformin. Pioglitazone is a thiozolidinedione antidiabetic drug. Pioglitazone decreases insulin resistance in the periphery and in the liver that helps the body make better use of the insulin it produces and also decreases the glucose output from the liver.
Where as Metformin belongs to the class of Biguanides and increases the tolerance of your body to insulin by lowering the blood glucose levels. It delays intestinal absorption of sugar into the bloodstream after eating. It has an ability to increase the sensitivity of the cells to insulin. It also targets the liver and reduces its capacity to release sugar from the liver.
Pioglitazone and Metformin tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this tablets open.
Pioglit MF Forte - 15 mg + 850 mg tablet is manufactured by Sun Pharma. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Pioglit MF Forte - 15 mg + 850 mg Tablet online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.