|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.47||US$ 14.28||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.47||US$ 28.57||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.47||US$ 42.85||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Trileptal|
Oxcarbazepine is an anticonvulsant drug which treats the following types of seizures:
- Complex seizure
- Partial seizure
- Simple partial and generalized tonic clonic seizure
- Myoclonic and akinetic seizures
Epilepsy is a chronic brain disorder in which person experience the uncontrolled and repetitive activity of body muscles known as Seizures or Convulsions. There is a transmission of wrong neuronal signals which leads to the following symptoms:
- Increases the risk of physical injury
- Constantly staring at one site
- Temporary confusion
- Abnormal and abrupt twitches, tremors and tics
This drug treats tonic clonic seizures in adults and children who are at least 12 years old. Oxcarbazepine is one of the most recommended drugs given in the epilepsy like condition. It can be given along with other medicines.
The ailments, it is used for:
Oxcarbazepine is indicated in the below listed conditions like:
- It is given in Epilepsy as it treats almost all type of seizures
- It is also given in Essential tremors
- Other psychiatric disorders
How it works?
Oxcarbazepine gets converted into monohydroxy metabolite which blocks the voltage sensitive sodium or potassium channels that stabilizes the hyper excited neuronal activity. This way, it acts as anticonvulsant and mood stabilizing drug and treats epilepsy.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Oxcarbazepine if you:
- Are allergic to Oxcarbazepine and Carbezapine
- Have a history of depression, mental problem or confusion
- Have a kidney disease
- Have Hyponatremia
- Have suicidal behavior and tendency
- Had recent seizures
- Are allergic to any prescription or non prescription drugs
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- are breastfeeding
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. The dose intake is decided by the doctor. He will recommend the best suitable drug. The usual initial recommended drug is 600 mg twice a day. Always take the dose prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Oxcarbazepine is available in one strength preparation, 60 on our website:
- Oxcarb 150 mg
- Oxcarb 300 mg
- Oxcarb 600 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Oxcarb is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals limited, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Oxcarbazepine is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with a full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Always follow the prescription.
When to take?
Oxcarbazepine can be taken with or without food two times a day. The intake of dosage depends upon your condition. Always take the medicine as per prescription.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms like:
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. Oxcarbazepine shows common and serious side effects such as:
- Vision related problems
- Dry mouth
- In coordination
- Speech problems
- Nose bleeding
- Ear pain
- White vaginal discharge
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Uncontrolled seizures
- Unexplained thirst
- Red and irritation in eyes
- Joint and chest pain
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Bleeding from the rectum or blood in stools
- Painful urination
- Soreness of throat, cough and other signs of infection
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Oxcarbazepine. Following are the few drugs which interact with Oxcarbazepine:
- Valproic acid
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Avoid the intake of alcohol beverages while using Oxcarbazepine as it can enhance the effect of drowsiness
- It may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do any other activity like swimming that requires alertness
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- This drug increases the suicidal tendency or thought process. It is important to consult doctor on regular basis and discuss with him if any such feeling arises
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine