Description of the drug:
Orlistat is the main active ingredient present in the drug Obelit 120 mg. This drug is usually prescribed to people who are obese or overweight. It functions by interacting the enzymes and molecules present in the gut wall, which are responsible for fat absorption. This is highly effective drug for controlling the weight related issues as it monitors and blocks nearly one by third of the fat intake.
Indications and Usage:
Orlistat is the only medicine available till date to control obesity. People are prescribed with Orlistat only if their BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) is not in a proper range. BMR depicts the ratio of a person’s height and weight. Orlistat should only be prescribed to patient who have tried controlling their diet and doing proper exercise and still are not able to control their weight. It has been reported that Orlistat can reduce 5% of the body weight if consumed for an uninterrupted period of 3 months.
Dosage and Administration:
The recommended dose of this drug for adults is 120 mg thrice every day. This drug should be consumed either with meals or immediately after the meal. It will be preferable to take this drug at the same time. Please contact your doctor before giving this medicine to patients below 18 years of age. The dose should be adjusted gradually within a period of one to two weeks but after taking advice from your doctor.
-Mode of administration:
Orlistat is available in the form of a capsule and can be easily consumed orally with sufficient amount of water. Do not take this medicine with fluid other than water like juice and milk as this
can cause some problem related to the blood sugar level. Avoid intake of excess of proteins and fats in your diet while you or on this medication.
It is advisable to skip the medicine dose if you forget to take Orlistat. In the case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and strengths:
Orlistat is available in the form of a capsule and is applicable to the following strengths:
- Obelit – 60 mg
- Obelit – 120 mg
- Lipocut – 60 mg
- Alli – 60 mg
You can buy Obelit 120 mg tablets online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price.
Orlistat is known to contraindicate in the following cases:
- Hypersensitive reactions or allergy
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Patients with Cholestasis
- Chronic malabsorption syndrome
Warnings and Precautions:
- You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Orlistat has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Please consult your doctor before taking Orlistat tablets along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- Please use this drug as prescribed and instructed. Any alteration in the dosage without informing your doctor can cause severe side effects
- Avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages if you are taking this medicine. If alcohol is consumed along with Orlistat drug it may alter the effectiveness of the drug
- Avoid smoking if you are taking this medicine. Smoking may cause an increase in the metabolism of your body if you are already taking this medicine
- Please take this drug along with a multivitamin supplement. Orlistat can interfere with the normal absorption of some fat soluble vitamin.
- When you buy Obelit 120 mg from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com, make sure to prepare a note of all the above instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
Orlistat has been reported to have the following side effects:
- Change in vision
- Stomach pain
- Vomiting and nausea
- Fluctuation in blood sugar level
- Bleeding nose
- Abnormal stools
- Loss of appetite
- Fever and insomnia
- Skin problems
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Mood swings
- Allergic reactions
Several drugs are known to interact with and alter the working of Orlistat. Some of them are:
- Fat soluble vitamin supplements
- Antiepileptic drugs
Orlistatis is the main active ingredient present in the drug Obelit 120 mg drug. This drug is prescribed to control the problem of obesity. It acts as a selective and irreversible inhibitor of
gastrointestinal lipases. This limits enzyme’s action in the lumen of the stomach and intestine and makes them unable to solubilize the dietary fats.
Store this drug under room temperature and away from heat and moisture
Keep this drug away from the reach of pets and children
Do not refrigerate the medicine
This drug is manufactured by one of the leading global company Intas Pharmaceuticals.