Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Nuvaring|
|Generic Name||Etonogestrel - ethinyl estradiol|
Description of the drug
Etonogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol is the main active ingredient present in Nuvaring 2.7/11.2mg Rings. The combination is used to prevent pregnancy. It is a flexible birth control vaginal ring that contains two types of hormones, etonogestrel and ethinyl estradiol. It works by preventing the release of eggs from the ovaries and thereby preventing pregnancy.
Indications and Usage
Nuvaring is a small, flexible vaginal ring used to prevent pregnancy. This product is a vaginal ring containing a combination of two hormones that is Etonogestrel which is also known as Progestin and Ethinyl Estradiol which is also known as Estrogen. It works mainly by preventing the release of an egg (ovulation) during your menstrual cycle. It also makes vaginal fluid thicker to help and prevent sperm from reaching to an egg and thereby inhibits fertilization, it also changes the lining of the uterus (womb) to prevent attachment of a fertilized egg. If a fertilized egg does not attach to the uterus, it passes out of the body. This medicine does not prevent HIV infection or other sexually transmitted diseases. It will not help and used as an emergency contraception, such as after unprotected sexual contact.
Dosage and Administration
Nuvaring is inserted once a month for 3 weeks and then removed. A new ring is inserted after 7 days break. Do not wear a ring for 1 week (7 days). You should have your period within 2 to 3 days after the ring is removed. After 1 ring-free week, insert a new ring on the same day of the week that you removed the old ring, whether or not you have your period. It is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Nuvaring is a ring intended to be inserted into your vagina. Wash and dry your hands before removing the ring from the pouch. The ring becomes slippery when wet, so make sure your hands are dry. Fold the ring in half and gently push it into your vagina as directed, until it feels comfortable. Rarely, some women have inserted the ring into the bladder by mistake. Do not insert the ring into your bladder. Insert the ring into the vagina. Women, sometimes may not feel the ring once it is in place. If you feel discomfort, the ring is probably not inserted far enough into your vagina. Use your finger to gently push the ring further into your vagina. There is no danger in the ring being pushed too far up the vagina or getting lost. It can be inserted only as far as the end of the vagina. The cervix will block it from going any further. The ring should not interfere with sexual intercourse. Some women have experienced moving or gliding of the ring within the vagina due to bowel movements, straining, constipation, or coughing. If this occurs, push it back into place with your finger. Ii is advised to read the instructions in the leaflet carefully while using this medication, also use this application as directed by your doctor.
If you miss inserting the new ring on the scheduled day, insert it as soon as you remember. You must use a backup form of birth control until the new ring has been in place for 7 days. If you are not sure what to do, if you miss inserting the new ring on the scheduled day, use an extra form of birth control (eg, condoms) and it is advised to consult your doctor if you missed this medication.
Do not use two rings at one time. You should remove the old ring while inserting the new one. If accidently you took more than one ring at a time, then in this case consult your doctor regarding the same.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Etonogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiolis available on our website, under the following strength and the brand name of:
- Nuvaring 2.7 mg/ 11.2 mg Ring
Nuvaring should not be used in patients who have shown hypersensitivity to any of the components present in the formulation.
- This drug should not be used in pregnant women.
- Do not use this medication if you are having the habit of smoking and are older than 35 years of age.
- This medicament is contraindicated for male patients.
Warnings and precautions
Remember that Nuvaring cannot be used by patients who are allergic to the active drug and its ingredients. Before buying Nuvaring 2.7 mg/ 11.2 mg online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a heart problem like angina, high blood pressure, or a heart attack. Consult your doctor first, if you have any kind of heart problem before taking this medication.
- If the patient is suffering from unexplained vaginal bleeding, then in this case consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients who are suffering from asthma, diabetes, migraine or an epilepsy problem. In these conditions, consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those, who are suffering from any kind of kidney or liver problem. It is advised to consult your doctor, let your doctor know about your medical history before starting up with this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients, if they ever had bleeding in the brain, stroke, heart attack, or other serious blood vessel problems. In this case, consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those women who have a history of breast nodules, fibrocystic disease of the breast, an abnormal breast x-ray or mammogram, or irregular or scanty menstrual periods. Consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable, if the patient is having any blood problem.
- Wash your hands properly before taking this medicament.
- Nuvaring does not protect against HIV infection (AIDS) and other sexually transmitted infections. It can only prevent pregnancy only when it is applied correctly.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away:
- Mild irritation
Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Mood swings
- Vaginal discharge
- Weight fgain
- Painful menstrual cycle
- Less sexual desire
- Signs of blood clot
- Irritation or itching of the skin in or around the vagina.
- Breasts become swollen, tender or painful
- Burning off your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Etonogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol:
- Tranexamic acid
Using other drug with this medicament may show some interaction, so avoid using other drug while using this or contact your doctor regarding the same.
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Nuvaring.
Nuvaring comprises of an two active pharmaceutical ingredients called Etonogestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol. This product is a vaginal ring containing combination hormone medication and is used to prevent pregnancy. It works by preventing the release of eggs from the ovaries and thereby preventing pregnancy.
Nuvaring should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open.
Nuvaring is manufactured by Organon, Ireland Limited. It develops and manufactures the pharmaceutical products, located in Dublin, Ireland. You can easily buy Nuvaring 2.7 mg/ 11.2 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.