Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name
|Astra Zeneca, UK
Description of the drug
Tamoxifen Citrate is the active ingredient present in Nolvadex D 20mg. It belongs to the group of cancer fighting medications known as antineoplastics. It is used in combination with other medications for the treatment of early breast cancer. You can buy Nolvadex D 20mg online too.
Indications and Usage
The medicine fights certain types of breast cancer such as estrogen receptor positive breast cancer. It is also used to treat breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body or is in advanced stage.
Dosage and Administration
The daily recommended dose of the medicine is 20 mg to 40 mg in one dose or divided in two doses. If being treated with early breast cancer then the recommended duration of the treatment is five years. However, the dose will vary from case to case basis and will be determined only after examining you thoroughly.
-Method of Administration:
The medicine can be taken with or without food with the help of water.
If you missed a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the dose and continue with your original schedule.
In case of overdose get medical attention immediately.
Forms and Strengths:
- Form Tablet
- Strength: 20 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions:
- The medicine may increase the chance of developing blood clots in lungs or legs. If you have a history of blood clots, you must discuss the condition with your doctor before he prescribes the medicine to you.
- The medicine may cause cataracts or if you have cataract taking the medicine may worsen the situation. If there is change of vision during the course of the medicine then it should be informed to the doctor.
- In case breast cancer has spread to other parts of the body, the medicine may cause an increase in blood calcium levels. Blood tests will be prescribed at regular intervals to monitor this.
- Taking the medicine might increase the chance of developing uterine cancer. In case of any vaginal bleeding talk to your doctor immediately.
- The size of the affected tissues may increase at the beginning of the treatment and may cause lot of pain too. However, it usually gets resolved after a few weeks of the treatment.
- Taking this medicine while being pregnant can cause harm to the fetus. Hence if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant than you must consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
- Let your doctor know in case you are suffering from any disease or taking any other medicine so that drug interaction does not take place and the doctor administers the medicine after going through your present condition carefully.
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Bone pain
- Changes in menstrual period
- Hair loss
- Genital itching
- Hot flashes
- Leg cramps
- Skin rash
- Mild nausea and vomiting
- Swelling of the ankles, feet, or lower leg
- Taste alterations
If the above side effects persists for long that you must visit a doctor. However, if there are some side effects as listed below than you must see the doctor immediately.
- Mucous membranes
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin or
- Blurred vision
- Pain or feeling of pressure in the pelvis
- Cough and shortness of breath
- Severe nausea
- Vaginal bleeding or discharge
- Signs of bleeding
- Signs of anaemia
- Symptoms of inflammation of the pancreas
- Signs of liver problems
- Symptoms of low white blood cells
there are several medicines with which may interact with Tamoxifen Citrate. It is best to consult a doctor who will give you a list of medicine that may interact with Tamoxifen Citrate. You must also reveal the medicines that you are taking currently.
The medicine contains the active ingredient Tamoxifen Citrate. It works by blocking the effects of hormone estrogen in the body. Hence the growth of the type of breast cancer cells that require estrogen for growth and survival is prevented.
Store the medication at room temperature, protect it from moisture and light and keep it out of the reach of pets and children.
It is manufactured by Astra Zeneca. You can easily buy Nolvadex D 20 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.