|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.57||US$ 17.2310%US$ 19.15||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.57||US$ 34.4510%US$ 38.28||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.57||US$ 51.6810%US$ 57.43||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Epivir|
Description of the drug:
Lamivudine is the active ingredient present in Lamivir 100 mg. It is an anti-viral medicine that prevents the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or hepatitis B virus from growing in the body. You can buy Lamivir 100 mg online.
Indications and Usage:
The drug is used to treat HIV/AIDS. Keep in mind, the medicine will not cure the body of the condition. HIV/AIDS is typically treated with a combination of drugs. Keep in mind to take the medicines as advised by your doctor.
Dosage and Administration
- Take the medicine as per the advice of your doctor or according to the instructions on the medicine label. Stick to your doses until the doctor advises otherwise. Make sure also to avoid taking the medicine after the prescribed time is over. Your medicine packet would have a patient leaflet, which you can refer to know more about the medication. The medicine must be taken with or without food.
- The medicine dosage may depend on several factors including sex, age, allergy to drugs and severity of condition among many other factors. The dosage will be prescribed by your doctor after examining you properly. Keep in mind to adhere to your doctor's advice for the best results.
Method of Administration:
The medicine is to be taken orally.
In case of missed dose, take the medicine as soon as you remember it. However, skip the missed dose if it is too close to the time for your next dosage. Avoid taking a double dosage.
- In case of overdose, seek
- medical help immediately.
Forms and Strengths:
- Form - Tablet
- Strength – Lamivir 100 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who are allergic to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions:
- Avoid the medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Make sure to inform your doctor in advance if you have a history of pancreatitis, kidney or liver disease, or if have used a similar medicine (similar to Lamivudine) in the past such as didanosine, abacavir, stavudine, emtricitabine, or zidovudine.
- Do not take the medicine also if you are already taking medicine that contains Emtricitabine or Lamivudine.
- It has been observed that some people who took the medicine developed lactic acidosis. The initial symptoms of the condition can worsen over time and can even prove to be fatal. Therefore, it is important that you seek medical attention the moment you start noticing symptoms of lactic acidosis including stomach pain, muscle pain, breathing trouble, numb or cold feeling in the limbs, or nausea with vomiting.
- The medicine can lead to life threatening damage to your pancreas or liver. Make sure to consult your doctor if you have any of the symptoms of pancreas or liver damage such as severe pain in upper stomach, nausea and vomiting, itching, fast heartbeats, dark urine, loss of appetite, clay colored stools, or jaundice.
- It is a FDA pregnancy category C medicine, which means that it is not yet proven if it can harm an unborn baby if taken while at the time of pregnancy. There is a risk of the virus getting transmitted to the baby if the mother does not undergo proper treatment at the time of pregnancy. The drug can get into breast milk and cause harm to a nursing baby. It is advised that you stay away from the medicine if you are breast feeding. Breast feeding is generally not recommending for HIV positive mothers as the virus can pass on to the baby. Make sure to let your doctor now if you are planning to become pregnant soon or are pregnant currently or are breast feeding.
- It is crucial that you keep all the precautions in mind before you begin your treatment. Make sure to discuss your condition with your doctor and clear any doubts that you may have.
- Some common side effects of the medicine are headache, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, drowsiness, or diarrhea. If any of the side effects persist or becomes worse, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
- In some cases, there may be a deterioration of a previous medial ailment or a new one may develop due to changes in the immune system. Inform your doctor immediately if any such thing happens.
- These are not the only side effects of the medicine. There may be other side effects too. In case you notice any symptoms, inform your doctor right away.
Certain medicines including interferons (Betaseron, Intron, Avonex, Extavia, Rebif, Rebetron, Alferon, and others) can interact with Lamivudine. These are however not the only drugs that can interact with the drug. There can be many others as well. Make sure to inform your doctors about the medicines that you may be taking.
Lamivudine is the active ingredient present in the medicine.
Keep this medicine in a cool and dry place.
It is manufactured by Cipla, a well-known Indian pharmaceutical company.
Frequently bought along with this product
Generic For : Septra DSActive Ingredients : Sulphamethoxazole + Trimethoprim
Generic For : CiploxActive Ingredients : Ciprofloxacin
Generic For : CiproActive Ingredients : Ciprofloxacin
Generic For : Penicillin GActive Ingredients : Generic
Generic For : AralenActive Ingredients : Chloroquine (as phos)Sold Out