|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|28 Tablet/s||US$ 1.40||US$ 39.27||
|56 Tablet/s||US$ 1.40||US$ 78.54||
|84 Tablet/s||US$ 1.40||US$ 117.81||
|US Brand Name||Kombiglyze|
|Generic Name||Sexaglitptin / Metformin|
|Manufacturer||Astra Zeneca Italy|
Description of the drug
The active ingredients of the drug are Metformin and Saxagliptin. This medicine is prescribed to those with type-2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), which can’t be controlled by exercise and diet and to whom metformin can’t be administered because of contradiction or intolerance. You can buy Kombiglyze XR 5/500 mg online also.
Indications and Usage
The drug is an oral anti diabetic which belongs to a class of medicine called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors. It is used in the treatment of:
- Type-2 diabetes mellitus
- Maturity onset diabetes
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dose will depend on several factors and will be fixed after taking into consideration such factors. The starting dose in patients who need 5 mg of saxagliptin but who are not being treated with metformin is 5 mg saxagliptin/500 mg to be taken once a day with gradual increase of the dose. The dose should not be fixed without consultation with your doctor as it may lead to adverse effect in the body.
-Method of Administration
The medicine is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water. It is best to take the medicine with a meal.
Missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember provided the next dose is not too near. If due to the missed dose, the timings for taking the next medicine becomes near then you should skip the missed dose and continue with the original schedule.
An overdose of medicines should be avoided as it may lead to several side effects. In case excess dosage was taken then you must get in touch with your doctor to understand about the next course of action.
Forms and Strengths
- Forms: Tablet
- Strength: 500 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions
- Do not take the medicines if you are allergic to the main ingredient or to any other ingredient of the drug.
- Do not share your medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any anti diabetic drug known as a sulphonylurea, insulin. If so then your doctor will reduce the dose because it may lead to excessively low blood glucose.
- Tell your doctor if you have liver, heart, or kidney disease or you are suffering from any other ailments. Disclosing the medicines that you are taking currently should also be done so as to avoid any drug interaction.
- Even after taking the medicines for long if the situation still persist then you must visit your doctor again.
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Abdominal pain
- Altered sense of taste includes metallic taste
- Upper respiratory infection
- Inflammation of air cavities around nose and sore throat
- Severe allergic reaction
- Urinary tract infection
- Urge to vomit
- Low blood sugar levels
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact. There are other medicines as well. In case the side effects persist you must get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible.
There are several medicines that may interact with Kombiglyze Xr Tablet if taken together and thereby increase or decrease the working of the medicine. Here is a list of medicines that should be avoided when taking Kombiglyze Xr Tablet:
- Anti-diabetic drugs
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact. There are other medicines too. You can ask the complete list of medicines that may interact from your doctor.
The active ingredients of the medicine include Metformin, Saxagliptin. The medicine works by decreasing the amount of glucose in the blood and thereby controlling the amount of glucose. It also works by increasing the amount of two incretin hormones that is found in the body.
The medicine should be stored in a clean and dry place away from heat, light, and moisture.
The manufacturer of the medicine is Astra Zeneca, a renowned pharmaceutical company.