|Price Per Pill or Unit
|US Brand Name
Glizid 80 mg is widely used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus for controlling the blood sugar level in the body. It helps the pancreas to produce more and more insulin hormones, which can cause a high level of sugar absorption within the body tissues. Gliclazide is the active ingredient present in Glizid tablets. Gliclazide belongs to a group of medicines called sulfonylureas that are effective in lowering blood sugar levels. The anti-diabetic agent is beneficial for those with maturity-onset or adult-type, which cannot be controlled by proper dietary management and exercise or when insulin treatment is inappropriate.
The initial recommended dose of this drug for adults is 5 mg tablet given before every meal, i.e. breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. Always read the instructions on the medicine packaging as well; there will be finely detailed instructions there. In the case of any queries, feel free to contact your physician. Keep taking medicine as per the schedule and give it at least two weeks for any results.
Glizid is manufactured in a tablet, and it can easily be consumed orally with enough water. The medicine will generally show its full effect within a month or two. Continue to use this medicine as your physician has instructed, even if you start feeling better.
If you have forgotten a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Please do not take any dose if the time to take the next dose is near.
More than the required dose of any drug can cause severe effects. It may cause some hypersensitive symptoms. In the case of an accidental overdose, you should necessarily consult your doctor.
Glizid 80 mg can lead to severe complications if consumed in some cases. Avoid using this medicine under the following conditions:
- If you are allergic to the constituents of Glizid tablets
- If you are a patient of type 1 diabetes mellitus or ketoacidosis
- You may have some side effects if you are very sensitive to the active ingredient of this drug. Please consult your doctor if the situation is difficult.
- This drug is not advisable if the patient is hypoglycaemic or suffering from any renal problems.
- Please avoid smoking while you are taking this medicine. This drug may show a low recovery rate if you are smoking.
- It is advisable not to drink any alcoholic beverages while taking this medicine. Gliclazide may not show its full effect.
- Tell your doctor about any medication you have been taking or any medical condition you have been suffering from. Glizid tablets may not be advisable to be consumed with some of the medications.
- Do not use this medicament in a large amount or more than it is prescribed. It is advised to use this medicament as per your doctor’s prescription.
Consumption of Glizid 80 mg can cause some severe side effects like Anaemia, low blood sugar level, dizziness, headache, jaundice, gastrointestinal problems, porphyria, eczema, erythema, urticaria, pruritis, leukopenia, and thrombocytopenia.