Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Duova Rotacaps|
|Strength||18mcg + 12mcg|
|Generic Name||Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate|
Description of the drug
Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate is the main active drug present in Duova 18 mcg + 12 mcg Rotacaps. This combination is an effective anticholinergic medication that provides symptomatic relief and prevents Asthma, Chronic bronchitis and chronic disorders of pulmonary glands.
Indications and Usage
Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarateis is prescribed to relieve breathing problem in patients suffering from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; long standing lung disease that causes shortness of breath and coughing). It is also used treatment of wheezing, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties caused by asthma.
Dosage and Administration
1. Recommended dose:
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
2. Method of Administration:
Duova is available in the form of a Rotacaps and should not be swallowed, it is to be taken by inhalation only, through Rotahaler. Take the clean Rotahaler and insert the Rotacaps capsule into it the by keeping it in upright position and then rotate to horizontal position that leads to the opening of capsule shell. Then, gently breathe out and seal your lips around the mouth piece. Take a full deep breath in your mouth and hold your breath for up to ten seconds. After that take normal breath and throw away the empty capsule shell. Always take this medicament as prescribed by the Doctor.
3. Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take double dose at one time.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose of any medicine will cause you adverse effect, sometimes it may be poisonous too. In any case, of an any overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Duova - 18 mcg + 12 mcg Rotacaps
- Duova – 9 mcg+ 6 mcg Inhaler
- Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant women, or to whom who are planning to get pregnant in near future.
- Breastfeeding mother must not take this medicament, as there is a possibility of passing this drug through breast milk.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Duova Rotacaps online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who are having tuberculosis, must inform your doctor befor taking this medicament.
- Patients who suffers from narrow angle glaucoma, must inform your doctor before taking this drug.
- Patients if having a cystic fibrosis, must consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Patients having a prostate related problem, must consult your doctor prior taking this drug.
- Patients who have a problem of any heart or cardiovascular disease, then inform doctor before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are having any severe kidney problem, must consult your doctor prior taking this drug.
- Patients who suffers from overactive thyroid, should avoid using this medication.
- Patients who have a any type of bladder problem then its better to consult your doctor and then start this medication.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the old aged people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Inform your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or resists for a longer period of time.
- Dry cough
- Chest pain
- Throat irritation
- Urinary tract infection
- Muscles cramp
- Irregular heartbeat
- Vision problem
- Mental confusion
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate
- Ipratropium bromide
Inform your doctor about your medical history and get the detailed list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Duova Rotacaps
Duova Rotacaps comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate. Tiotropium is an anticholinergic agent that works on smooth muscles of the airways and inhibits the effects of a chemical called acetylcholine, thus stops the airways to contract. This in turn opens the airways and makes it easier to get air in and out of the lungs, whereas Formoterol belongs to a class of medication called long acting beta agonists. It helps in relaxing the muscles of the air passages, thus widening it and making it easier to breathe.
Tiotropium Bromide and Formoterol Fumarate Rotacaps should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the Rotacaps opened
Duova - 18 mcg + 12 mcg Rotacaps is manufactured by Cipla Limited. It is a well known Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Duova - 18 mcg + 12 mcg Rotacaps online from our website and have it will delivered at your doorstep.