Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Cardura|
|Generic Name||Doxazosin Mesylate|
Description of the drug
DoxazosinMesylate is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Doxacard1mg tablet, used to treat high blood pressur and benign prostatic hyperplasis (BPH), this drug may also be used as a part of a combination therapy that means this drug is used to take with other drug as a combination to treat certain diseases.
Indications and Usage
DoxazosinMesylateis an alpha-1-adrenergic blocker, used alone or with other drug to treat high blood pressure by relaxing the blood vessels so that the heart can pump the blood more easily throughout the body and thus lowers the pressure. It is also used to relax the bladder muscles and improve urine flow in older men.
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition.In case of benign prostatic hyperplasia, the usual routine dose starts from 1 mg once daily and depending upon the severity of the condition and can be increased up to 4 mg. It is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Doxacard 1mg is available in the form of a tablet taken orally by mouth with a glass of water,it is advised to take at the same time in which you are taking each day, with or without food as directed by your doctor. Do not break, crush, or chew the tablet, it will cause you a bitter taste.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose symptoms may include extreme drowsiness, agitation, aggression, shallow breathing, weakness, fainting, headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Doxazosin Mesylate is available in the following strength under the brand name of Levipil:
- Doxacard 1 mg
- Doxacard 2 mg
- Doxacard 3 mg
- Doxacard 4 mg
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation.
- This drug is not suitable for lactating mothers, prior consult your doctor and then start this medicine.
- This drug is not suitable for the younger children.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Doxazosin Mesylate cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Doxacard 1 mg tablet online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Doxazosin is broken down by your liver. If you have liver problems, you may have an increased risk of side effects. Consult your doctor regarding the same prior taking this medication.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a cataract surgery, It may have a chance to develop Intraoperative floppy iris syndrome (IFIS). It is advised to stop taking doxazosin prior to your surgery, and tell your doctor if you have a cataract surgery planned in near future.
- This drug is not suitable for the pregnant women, consult your doctor regarding the same prior taking this medicament.
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Stuffy nose
- Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
- Inflammation of the liver
- Reduced number of red blood cells (anemia)
- Reduced number of platelets
- Liver function abnormalities
- Muscle and joint pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Back pain and urinary tract infection
- Sensitivity to light
- Unexplained weight gain
- Low sodium levels in the blood
- Swelling of hands
- High level of potassium in the blood
- Changes in your kidney function (renal impairment, renal failure)
- Low level of sugar in the blood
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Doxacard:
- Antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Other beta blockers such as atenolol, metoprolol, nadolol, propranolol and timolol
- Medications to treat high blood pressure
- Non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory painkillers (such as ibuprofen, or diclofenac)
- COX-2 inhibitors like celecoxib, etoricoxib
- Lithium, a drug used to treat certain mental disorders
- Diuretics eg furosemide
- ACE inhibitors such as captopril and lisinopril.
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines it may cause additional reduction in the blood
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Doxacaed.
Doxacard 1 mg tablet comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Doxazosin Mesylate. Doxazosin belongs to a class of drugs called alpha-1-adrenergic blockers. It works by blocking certain chemicals, which helps to widen blood vessels and relax muscles in your prostate and in your bladder.
Doxacard should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Doxacard 1 mg tablets are manufactured by Cipla. It is an Indian biotechnology and pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Doxacard 1 mg from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.