|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.58||US$ 17.27||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.58||US$ 34.52||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.58||US$ 51.79||
|US Brand Name||Cordarone|
|Generic Name||Amiodarone HCl|
Amiodarone is a potent drug used in the treatment of arrhythmias. Arrhythmia is a condition in which there is an irregular beating of heart. Heart will beat in below mentioned manner:
- Tachycardia is a condition in which heart beat is too fast
- Bradycardia is a condition in which heart beat is too slow
Amiodarone is a drug that corrects the rhythm of the heart and facilitates apt beating of heart. It is one of the most recommended drugs given in the Arrhythmia condition. This drug is given in life threatening or serious condition.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Amiodarone is given in cardiac dysrhythmias and is given in following condition:
- Ventricular fibrillation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Atrial fibrillation
Understanding the drug Amiodarone:
How it works?
Amiodarone belongs to the class of antiarrhythmic drugs and shows the complex blend of electrical activity of the heart. It exhibits various electrical effects such as:
- Prolongs the action potential i.e. lengthens the heart’s muscle cells
- Lingers on the contraction or repolarization phase of the heart
- It decreases the speed of electrical conduction
- It reduces the intensity of the normal generation of electrical impulses in heart
- It reduces the conduction through accessory pathways responsible for arrhythmias
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Amiodarone if you:
- Have allergy to Amiodarone
- Have heart diseases like AV block
- Have asthma
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
- Have pacemaker implanted in your chest
- Have vision related problems
- Have electrolyte imbalance i.e. extreme low potassium and magnesium levels
- Have diabetes
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breast feeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Various factors are observed before prescribing a disease. The doctor is the one who will prescribe best suitable dose for you. The initial recommended dosage starts from 100 mg and can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s severity of the condition.
What are the strengths available?
Amiodarone tablets contain the following five strength combinations on the website:
Cordaron 200 mg
Cordaron 100 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Cordaron is manufactured by Torrent pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it.
When to take?
The dose intake is decided by doctor only. Amiodarone can be taken two or three times a day for the first week and then dose can be subsequently increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s response and condition. It is best to take it at the same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug. Always take the medicine as instructed by your doctor.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention or you can dial local poison helpline if you encounter the below listed symptoms:
- Extreme dizziness
- Light headedness
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Some common side effects are listed below:
- Decreased libido
- Changes in taste receptors
- Loss of appetite
- Thinning of hair
- Excessive sweating
- Dry eyes
Some serious side effects associated with this combination are as follows:
- Skin rashes
- Swelling in the neck
- Poor motor coordination
- Muscle pain and weakness
- Uncontrolled shaking of a part of the body
- Swelling hands, feet and legs
- Rapid weight gain
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Amiodarone. Drugs listed below may interact with Amiodarone can hinder its normal functioning:
- Antipsychotic drugs
- Antiepileptic drugs like Phenytoin and Carbamazepine
- Narcotic drugs
- Losartan and Valsartan
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- If you experience any allergic reaction immediately consult with your doctor
- This medicine can pass into breast milk and may cause damage to the Fetus
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it increases the side effects of Amiodarone
- Avoid the intake of salt or potassium substitutes while taking this medicine. Always ask doctor first
- This drug causes bit dizziness so be careful while sitting or lying somewhere
- This drug can cause blue or grey marks on your skin when exposed to sun
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose