Description of the drug
Cyproheptadine HCl is the main active ingredient present in Ciplactin – 4 mg Tablet. Cyproheptadine HCl is an antihistamine and antiserotonergic, which is an effective remedy for allergic reaction such as watery eyes, runny nose, itching eyes or nose, sneezing, hives, and itching.
Indications and Usage
Cyproheptadine HCl is used for treatment of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, runny nose, hay fever and other symptoms of allergies.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Ciplactin is available in the form of a tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take once or twice daily before or after having a meal as prescribed by the doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take double the dose to make up for the missed one.
The overdose of any drug can be dangerous. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, sometime time it may be poisonous. In case of an overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug CyproheptadineHClis available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Ciplactin – 4 mg Tablet
- Cyproheptadine HCl should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to pregnant women, or to women who are planning to get pregnant in the near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Cyproheptadine HCl cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Ciplactin -4mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who are having electrolyte imbalance problems must tell your doctor before taking this medicament.
- If the patients have a problem of angle closure glaucoma, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- If the patients have a prostate cancer or related problems, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Patients having hyperthyroidism should avoid taking this medicament, also consult your doctor regarding the same.
- Patients who have an epilectic problem, then in this condition let your doctor know about your medical condition to avoid any harmful effect.
- This medication is not suitable for diabetes patients. Consult your doctor regarding the same.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the older age people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Pale skin
- Dry mouth
- Difficulty in breathing
- Blurred vision
- Uneven heartbeats
- Redness of your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Cyproheptadine HCl:
- Anti Depressants
- Sleeping pills
- Anti anxiety
- Other antihistamine drugs
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Cyproheptadine HCl.
Ciplactin comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Cyproheptadine HCl. It belongs to the group of medicines called antihistamines and antiserotonergic. It works by blocking the action of histamine, a substance in the body that causes allergic symptoms.
Cyproheptadine HCl tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Ciplactin – 4 mg tabletis manufactured by Cipla Limited. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India.You can easily buy Ciplactin – 4 mg Tablet online from our website and have it will delivered at your doorstep.