Cetil 125 mg
Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Ceftin|
|Generic Name||Cefuroxime Axetil|
Description of the drug
Cefuroxime Axetil is the main active ingredient present in Cetil– 125 mg Tablet. It is an oral cephalosporin antibiotics medicine, prescribed for the treatment of various bacterial infection.
Indications and Usage
Cefuroxime Axetil is used to treat any bacterial infection of the respiratory tract , kidney and urinary tract, and certain parasitic diseases. It is also used as preventive measure before eye or tooth extraction surgery to reduce infection of the internal coats of the eye (endophthalmitis).
Dosage and Administration
1. Recommended dose:
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
2. Method of Administration:
Cetil is available in the form of a Tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take once or twice daily before or after having a meal as prescribed by the doctor.
3. Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take double dose at one time.
The overdose of any drug can be dangerous. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, sometimetime it may be poisnous. In any case, of an any overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Cefuroxime Axetil is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Cetil– 125 mg Tablet
- Cetil– 250 mg Tablet
- Cetil– 500 mg Tablet
- Cefuroxime Axetil should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant women, or to whom who are planning to get pregnant in near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Cefuroxime Axetil cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Cetil- 125 mg Tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who are having or had an allergic reaction to penicillins or other drugs in the past, then in case you must let your know about this problem.
- If the patients have a problem of hepatic impairement, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are having a history of gastrointestinal diseases, then before taking this medicament let your doctor know.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Pateints who are having any liver disorder, in this condition you should consult your doctor prior taking this medicament.
- Patients who have a problem of asthma, must discuss your problem with your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Patients having a deficiency of vitamin D, should avoid taking this medicament or discuss this problem with your doctor before starting this course of medicine.
- Patients who have problem of uneven heart rate or a fast or slow heart rate, then in this condition let your doctor know about your medical condition to avoid any harmful effect.
- This medication is not suitable for diabetes patients. Consult your doctor regarding the same.
- This medication may cause you diarrhea, if this condition occurs let your doctor know immediately.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the old aged people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Changes in appetite
- Vaginal inflammation
- Tingling sensation
- Lip swelling
- Pricking sensation
- Decreased white blood cell count
- Abnormal urine test
- Increased in red blood cell count
- Eye swelling
- Unusual weight gain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Easy bleeding
- Large intestine inflammation
- Pale red skin
- Join pain
- Redness of your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Cefuroxime Axetil:
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Cefuroxime Axetil.
Cetil comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Cefuroxime Axetil. It belongs to a group of medicines called cephalosporin antibiotics. It kills the bacteria by interrupting the bacterial cell wall (outer coating of bacteria) formation. As a result, the bacterial cell wall is weakened and ruptures, thereby killing the bacteria.
Cefuroxime Axetil Tablet should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the Tablet opened
Cetil– 125 mg Tablet is manufactured by Lupin, it is an Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Cetil– 125 mg Tablet online from our website and have it will delivered at your doorstep.