|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.11||US$ 3.17||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.11||US$ 6.34||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.11||US$ 9.52||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Coreg|
Carvedilol is a potent non selective beta blocker indicated in the treatment of high blood pressure and heart attack. It belongs to the class of beta blocker and is one of the most recommended drugs given in the treatment of heart, kidney failure and hypertension.
Beta blockers are the drugs that inhibit the action of beta receptors preset in the heart, smooth, kidney muscles and other tissues of the nervous system. This way, beta blockers relaxes the blood vessels and decreases the elevated blood pressure. Carvedilol is available in oral tablet dosage form.
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Carvedilol is given in hypertension that decreases the work load of the heart. It also decreases the risk of various heart conditions:
- Mild to moderate hypertension
- Post heart failure and prevents further worsening of the condition
- Left ventricular dysfunction after a heart attack
- In other cardiovascular diseases
Understanding the drug Carvedilol:
How it works?
Carvedilol is a non selective beta blocker. It binds with beta receptors in the heart and vascular smooth muscles and inhibits their action. This all results in following effects:
- Relaxes the blood vessels and aids smooth arterial blood flow
- Effortless pumping of blood out of the heart and around the body
- Reduces high level of blood pressure
- Provides oxygen by decreasing energy used by the heart to pump blood around the body
- Reduces workload of the heart and amount of oxygen needed to pump the blood around the body
- Improves survival and prevents future heart attack by correcting improper electrical activity of heart blood vessels resulting in fast or slow heartbeat
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Carvedilol if you:
- Have allergy to Carvedilol
- Have heart diseases
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver disease
- Are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism
- Have blood circulation problems like Raynaud’s disease
- Are suffering from connective tissue disease like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and scleroderma
- Have heart diseases like angina and muscle conditions like Myasthenia Gravis
- Have diabetes and asthma
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breast feeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Various factors are observed before prescribing a disease. The doctor is the one who will prescribe best suitable dose for you. The initial recommended dosage starts from 3.125 mg twice daily for two weeks and can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s severity of the condition.
What are the strengths available?
Carvedilol tablets contain the following four strength combinations on the website:
Cardivas 3.125 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Cardivas manufactured by Sun Pharma, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet or capsule with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Don’t open the capsule shell.
When to take?
Carvedilol can be taken twice a day. It can be taken with or without food a day. It is best to take it at the same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug. Dose adjustments are done basis on the levels of blood pressure. Always take the medicine as instructed by your doctor.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention or you can dial Poison helpline number if you encounter the below listed symptoms:
- Uneven heartbeats
- Breath shortness
- Light headedness
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Some common side effects are listed below:
- Dry eyes
- Joint pain
- Decreased libido
Some serious side effects associated with this combination are as follows:
- Feeling like you might pass
- Chest pain
- Dry cough
- Numbness in hands and feet
- Rapid heartbeat or tachycardia
- Skin pale and undesirable reactions like rashes, itches and hives
- Rise in blood sugar levels
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Carvedilol. Drugs listed below may interact with Carvedilol can hinder its normal functioning:
- MAO inhibitors
- Insulin or oral antidiabetic drugs
- Other beta blockers and Digoxin containing drugs
- Methadone and Propoxyphene
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- If you experience any allergic reaction immediately consult with your doctor
- This medicine can pass into breast milk and may cause harm to the fetal damage
- Regular check your blood sugar levels while taking this drug
- Abrupt discontinuation of the medicine can cause acute flare up of coronary artery disease
- This drug affects the pupil during cataract surgery. So always, inform your doctor before going for surgery.
- With this drug, exercise weight control and regular follow up with your physician is must
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose
Frequently bought along with this product
Generic For : CoregActive Ingredients : Carvedilol
Generic For : CozaarActive Ingredients : Losartan potassium
Generic For : VibraActive Ingredients : Doxycycline HydrochlorideSold Out
Generic For : ZithromaxActive Ingredients : Azithromycin
Generic For : AmoxilActive Ingredients : Amoxycillin