Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name
|Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin D3
Description of the drug
Calcium Carbonate is the main active ingredient present in Calcal– 250 mg Tablet. This combination medicine is commonly used by those people who have a deficiency of Vitamin D, and a low calcium level in blood. These conditions make the bones weak, which leads to several other problems. This drug is used for the correction of the abnormalities of calcium and Vitamin D metabolism.
Indications and Usage
This medicine is used in the treatment of certain types of kidney stones and gout. It is also used to decrease levels of uric acid in people who are taking cancer treatment.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Calcal is available in the form of a tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take this medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
Do not take double dose at one time. If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.
The overdose of any drug either purposely or accidently can cause you harmful effects. Sometimes overdose of a medicine may be poisonous too. In any case, of an any overdose, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Forms and Strengths
The drug is available on our website in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Calcal– 250 mg Tablet
- Calcium Carbonate should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant woman.
- Breastfeeding mother, must not take this drug because it may harm the unborn child as it has a tendency to pass through the breast milk.
- This drug should not be used in those patients who are having a high calcium level in the blood.
- This drug should not be used in those patients who are having a high Vitamin D level in the blood.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Calcium Carbonate cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Calcal-250mg Tablets online, it is advised to do a deep research and go through each and every ingredient present in the formulation.
Patients who are dehydrated or recently had a surgery, then you should take the consultation of your doctor before taking this medicine
- Patients who are having a high phosphate level in your blood, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament
- Patients who are having a history of gastrointestinal diseases or an ulcer problem, then before taking this medicament let your doctor know.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the older aged people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Abdominal pain
- Loss of appetite
- Visual disturbance
- Redness of a skin
- Throat infection
- Unusual weakness
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Calcium Carbonate:
- Iron salts
- Paraffin oil
- Sodium floride
Inform your doctor about your past medical details and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Calcium Carbonate.
Calcal comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Calcium Carbonate. Calcal tablets work by increasing the absorption of calcium and phosphorus, which are required for strong bones. It works as a dietary supplement to provide enough calcium. Calcium is a mineral that is found naturally in foods. Calcium is necessary for many normal functions of the body, especially bone formation and maintenance. Calcium can also bind to other minerals such as phosphate and helps in their removal from the body. This is how Calcium Carbonate is used to prevent and to treat calcium deficiencies
Calcium CarbonateTablet should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Calcal– 250 mg is manufactured by Pfizer, India. It is a well known multinational pharmaceutical company.You can easily buy Calcal– 250 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.