|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.16||US$ 4.86||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.16||US$ 9.73||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.16||US$ 14.61||
|US Brand Name||Calan|
Calaptin 80 mg is a prescription medicine used to manage high blood pressure. Your doctor may prescribe it alone or in combination with other drugs to control blood pressure. The medicine has the active substance Verapamil, which interfere with the electric signals in the heart muscle and blood vessels. Verapamil is a calcium ion influx inhibitor that is known to have antianginal and antiarrhythmic effects. Your doctor may prescribe it to manage and prevent angina. It is also effective in treating and preventing certain types of abnormal heartbeat. The medicine is available for oral tablets containing 80 mg of Verapamil hydrochloride. The tablets are specially designed for sustained release of the drug in the gastrointestinal tract.
Take Calaptin 80 mg exactly as your doctor advises you to. If you have any doubt, check with your doctor. Your doctor will decide the dose and frequency of dose as per your condition. If you have heart or liver problems, you may be given a different dose. For children and adolescents, the dose is usually based on the weight of the patient. One should swallow the tablet without breaking or crushing it. If you take more Verapamil tablets, contact your doctor right away. Overdose can cause a significant drop in blood pressure and rare cases, leads to heart failure. Speak to your doctor before you stop taking the medication. Follow your doctor’s advice. If you discontinue treatment, your condition gets worse. It is important to keep the medicine until the doctor tells you to stop.
Do not take Calaptin tablets if you are allergic to the medication. If you take Calaptin 80 mg, talk to your doctor if you are hypersensitive to Verapamil or any other medicine ingredients, have heart failure, heart attack, slow heart rate, wolf-Parkinson-white syndrome, taking beta-blockers or other medicines to treat heart diseases. Talk to your doctor before taking Verapamil pills if you have liver disease, heart attack, or kidney failure.
Contact your doctor:
- If you have allergic reactions, the symptoms include rashes, itching, difficulty breathing, and swelling of the face, lips, or tongue.
- Avoid taking the tablet if you have stevens Johnson syndrome; the symptoms include skin blisters, peeling of the skin, flu-like symptoms, and fever.
- You must not take Calaptin tablets if you have a complaint of palpitations, chest pains for the first time or chest pain becoming more frequent. Tell your doctor if you notice side effects that get worse with time. You must inform your doctor if you develop:
- Heart/blood vessels problem- low blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, reddening of the skin, swelling of the hands, ankle, or feet.
- Skin problems - itching, skin rash, discolouring, pain accompanied by increased skin temperature.
- Muscle issues - Tremor, aches, muscle weakness, pain in the joints and muscles.
- Ear problems- ringing in the ears, spinning sensation
- Reproductive system disorder- enlarged breasts in men, erectile dysfunction.
- Miscellaneous- liver problems and tiredness can be indicated by yellowing the skin and eyes and can be detected by blood tests performed by the physician.