Description of the drug
Erythromycin is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Althrocin 500 mg. It is a macrolide antibiotic that fights against almost every bacterial infection. It treats multiple infections induced by different bacteria.
Indications and Usage
Erythromycin is an antibiotic belongs to a macrolide family of medicines known for treating bacterial infections. This drug is indicated for the treatment of Gonorrhoeae, Syphilis, Influenza, Diphtheria, Prophylactically treat endocarditis before dental surgery, Intestinal amebiasis, Chlamydia infections, Genital, inguinal, or anorectal lymphogranuloma venereum infection, Chancroid, Trachoma, Acne vulgaris, Rosaceae, Minor skin abrasions. It works by inhibiting the growth of the bacteria that causes infection.
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Althrocin 500 mg is available in the form of a tablet taken orally by mouth, before or after having a meal with a glass of water, as directed by your doctor. Do not break, crush, or chew the Tablet, it will cause you a bitter taste.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The symptoms of an overdose may include extreme drowsiness, agitation, aggression, shallow breathing, weakness, fainting, headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Erythromycinis available on our website in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Althrocin 500 mg
- Althrocin 250 mg
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation.
- This drug is not suitable for lactating mothers
- This drug is not suitable for those patients, who are suffering from myasthenic gravis
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Erythromycincannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before you buy Althrocin 500 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, including dialysis treatment, mental disorder such as depression, this drug is harmful in these conditions, therefore, it is advised to consult your doctor and let him know about your medical history prior taking this drug.
- This drug may cause a severe form of diarrhea with other antibiotics, if you develop a severe diarrhea while taking this medication, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
- Take this drug only when it is needed during pregnancy, it may harm the unborn baby therefore, it is advised to take this medicament under the doctor’s supervision with a regular checkup.
- If the patient is having stomach or bowel problem such as ulcer, then let your doctor know about your problem before taking this medicine.
- If the patient is having a mental disorder, epilepsy problem or any other condition that cause fit, in this case tell your doctor about your medical problem before taking this medication.
- If the patient has ever experienced a problem of tendons, called tendonitis, then in this case you should inform your doctor about your medical history before starting up this medicament.
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Stomach upset, gas
- Trouble in sleeping
- Suicidal tendency of thoughts
- Loss of appetite
- Clay colored stools
- Dark urine
- Unusual tiredness
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Extra systole
- Unusual weakness
- Trouble breathing
- Fast heart rate
- Chest pain
- Watery or bloddy stools
- Mood swings
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- Blood or mucus in your stool
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Erythromycin:
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Althrocin500 mg tablet.
Althrocin 250mg tabletcomprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Erythromycin. Erythromycin isa bacteriostatic in action as it aims to stops the reproduction process of bacteria. It interferes in the process of protein synthesis process. Azithromycin gets bind with the 50 S ribosomal unit of protein and stops the binding of the tRNA to the donor site. This is how it stops the growth of the bacteria and cures the infections.
Althrocin 500 mg tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Althrocin500 mg is manufactured by Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company, located in Gujrat, India. You can easily buy Althrocin 500 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.