Description of the drug
Cetirizine Hydrochloride is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Alerid 10 mg tablet. Cetirizine Hydrochloride is an anti-histamine drug that reduces the natural chemical histamine
in the body, that produces allergic symptoms. It does not treat the causative factors, but it relieves the undesirable allergic symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, or runny nose.
Indications and Usage
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride is an anti-histamine drug used to relieve allergic symptoms produces by histamines. This drug is known for its anti- allergic treatment and indicated for the treatment of
- Allergies and hay fever, Human rhinovirus infection, Upper respiratory tract allergies, Kimura’s disease, Allergies due to molds, dust particles and molds.This drug does not treat the causative
- factor but it relieves the undesirable allergic symptoms.
Dosage and Administration
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Alerid 10 mg is available in the form of a tablet taken orally by mouth, usually once a day with a glass of water as directed by your doctor. Do not break, crush, or chew the tablet as it will
cause you a bitter taste.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The sym[toms of an overdose may include extreme drowsiness, agitation, aggression, shallow breathing, weakness, fainting, headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In the case of an accidental overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Cetirizine Hydrochlorideis available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Alerid 10 mg
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation, or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
- This drug is not suitable for diabetes patients, it may cause serious changes in blood sugar.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients, having a urinary retention problems such as spinal cord lesion, prostatic hyperplasia.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Cetirizinecannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Alerid 10 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on
- its ingredients.
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, including dialysis treatment, mental disorder such as depression,this drug is harmful in these conditions, therefore, it is
- advised to consult your doctor and let him know about your medical history prior taking this drug.
- If the patient is having a mental disorder, epilepsy problem or any other condition that cause fit, in this case tell your doctor about your medical problem before taking this medication.
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these Tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause dizziness, so avoid driving and use
- of machines, while taking this drug
- Avoid alcohol while taking this drug
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
Some common side effects that can occur are as follows:
- Change in vision
- Sore throat
- Memory loss
- Decreased or loss of vision
- Severe dizziness
- Pain in the chest
- Irregular heartbeat
- Stuffy nose
- Stomach disturbances
- Dry mouth
- Low levels of blood platelets causing unusual bleeding or bruising
- Bad taste in mouth
- Abnormal elimination of urine (bedwetting, pain and/or difficulty passing water)
- These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Cetirizine. Always inform your doctor about all your prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, minerals, herbal
- products, and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start a new medication without telling your doctor. Theophylline containing drugs decreases the breakdown and may cause drowsiness by
- increasing the levels of Cetrizine.Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Alerid 10 mg tablet.
Alerid 10 mg tablet comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Cetirizine Hydrochloride. It is an anti-histamine drug, used to treat allergic symptoms.It works by targeting the histamine chemical that generates undesirable allergic symptoms. The mast cells release histamine and gets attached to other cells having receptors of histamine. This attachment makes the cell activated and releases other chemicals that accumulate to produce allergy symptoms such as runny nose and throat irritation. Cetrizine blocks the H1 receptor of histamine and prevents the activation of cells releasing histamine and this is how it relieves from the allergic reaction.
Alerid 10 mg tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Alerid 10 mg tablets are manufactured by Cipla Limited. Cipla is an Indian biotechnology and pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Alerid 10 mg online from our
website and have it delivered at your doorstep.