Aerocort Forte Inhalers
Aerocort Forte Inhalers is an effective medication in the treatment of asthma, once the need for inhaled corticosteroid and bronchodilator therapy has been established. It prevents the asthma attack for asthma sufferers and decreases the inflammation in the lungs by releasing the chemicals that opens up the constricted tubes. Aerocort Forte Inhalers is a preventive medicine and is not effective when asthma attack has already begun. It is available in HFA inhaler dosage form. HFA consist of hydrofluoroalkane propellant that is safe and does not cause any harm to the environment. Inhalers have a measured amount of drug when inhaled produces the effect. This type of dosage form offers maximum drug at the site of action and offers no side effects.
The ailments it is used for:
Aerocort Forte Inhalers is used in prevention of Asthma attack.
Understanding the drug Aerocort Forte Inhalers:
How it works?
It contains two active ingredients one is Beclomethasone Dipropionate and other is Levosalbutamol sulphate.
It is a potent glucocorticoid steroid and exerts anti inflammatory actions. It acts directly in the lungs to make breathing easier by reducing the irritation and swelling of the airways. This helps in preventing breathing problems.
It is a beta receptor agonist and exerts bronchodilator effects. It stimulates the beta 2 receptors and relaxes the smooth muscles of all airways from the trachea to the terminal bronchioles. This ingredient helps in relaxing the constricted bronchioles and facilitates the smooth breathing.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Aerocort Forte Inhalers if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients present in Aerocort Forte Inhalers
- Have cardiovascular diseases
- Have Cushing’s syndrome, cataract and glaucoma like conditions
- Have active pulmonary tuberculosis
- Suffer from paradoxical breathing (sudden narrowing of airways)
How much to take?
The starting routine dose of Aerocort Forte Inhalers for adults is two inhalations, three to four times daily. For children, one or two inhalations, two to four time a day. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Aerocort Forte Inhalers are available in two strength combination having two active ingredients Beclomethasone Dipropionate and Levosalbutamol sulphate are:
- Aerocort Forte Inhalers 50 mcg/50 mcg
Who is the manufacturer?
Aerocort Forte Inhalers is manufactured by Cipla, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our website in the pack of 30 capsules.
How to take?
Always take the medicine as per prescription. Following are the ways to take the medicine:
- Always check the mouthpiece before using, it should always be clean and dirt free
- Shake the inhaler by holding it in a upright position
- Breathe out the air and completely empty your lungs
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips
- Take a deep breath through your mouth and press the canister to get puff of the medicine
- Remove the inhaler and continue to hold your breath for 10 seconds
- Breathe out through nose
- Replace the cap and if needed take the second dose by repeating the steps as mentioned above
When to take?
Take the medicine as prescribed by the Doctor. Try to take the dose at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose.
For how long should it be taken?
Do not stop taking Aerocort Forte Inhalers or change the dose without consulting with your Doctor. Keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, talk to Doctor or Poisons information centre for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible.
What if you miss the dose?
If you miss the dose take the dose as soon as you remember. Don’t take the dose at the time of next scheduled dose.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine has some side effects; Aerocort Forte Inhalers is the one which has some mild and severe side effects also. It is not necessary that you will experience all of them. Some common side effects are listed below:
- Narrowing of airways
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Adrenal suppression
- Skin bruising
- Irritation in throat
- Muscle cramps
- Tremors of mild intensity
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. You doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking Aerocort Forte Inhalers.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of sight and reach of the children
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Don’t load the capsule until you are ready to take a dose
- Return unused or expired medicine to the Pharmacist