|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.91||US$ 27.28||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.91||US$ 54.57||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.91||US$ 81.87||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Zovirax|
Acyclovir is an antiviral drug in the treatment of viral infections. It belongs to the class of guanosine analogue antiviral drug (NRTI). This medicine is used for the treatment of herpes simplex virus infections manifesting with the skin and genitals. This medicine aims to cure the painful signs of herpes simplex viral infection and speeds up the healing process. It is available on our website in the form of dispersible tablet dosage form. These tablets are taken by dispersing it in water or another liquid before they are administered to the patient.
The ailments, it is used for:
Acyclovir is a drug that is given in the treatment of viral infections listed below:
- Herpes zoster
- Acute chicken pox in HIV patients
- Herpes simplex encephalitis
- Herpes eye infection
- Prophylactically, it is given against herpes infections in immunocompromised patient
Understanding the drug Acyclovir:
Acyclovir is a potent antiviral drug that treats multiple infections like cold sores on the face, lips and herpes simplex virus infection.
How it works?
Acyclovir gets converted by viral thymidine kinase enzyme present in the body to its active form i.e. acyclovir monophosphate which is further converted into acyclovir triphosphate. It binds and inactivates the formation of viral DNA.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Acyclovir if you:
- Are allergic to Acyclovir
- Are prone to allergies
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. It can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s condition. Always take the dose as prescribed by the Doctor.
800 mg every 4 hours for 5 times a day
200 mg every 4 hours 2 times a day up to 12 months
What are the strengths available?
Acyclovir is available in following strength preparations on our website:
- Acivir Dispersible Tablets 200 mg
- Acivir Dispersible Tablets 400 mg
- Acivir Dispersible Tablets 800 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Acivir dispersible tablets are manufactured by FDC limited, a big pharmaceutical giant and are available on our website in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Acyclovir is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew that tablet.
When to take?
Always take the medicine as instructed by the Doctor or Pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. It is taken after every 4 hours for five days. So, doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
Apply the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the drug intake.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms.
What if you miss the dose?
Acyclovir is taken after doctor’s recommendation. Take the medicine as long recommended by the doctor. This reduces the chances of missing a dose. Talk to your doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. Acyclovir shows common side effects such as:
- Stomach pain and discomfort
- Light headedness
- Swelling in your hands or feet
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Lower back pain
- Skin bruising or bleeding
- Unusual weakness
- Urinating less than usual or not at all
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way the doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Acyclovir.
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while using this drug
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Avoid using this drug in children under 12 years as it could be harmful to them
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine