Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name
Description of the drug
The active ingredient of the drug is Vancomycin. It belongs to group of medicines called glycopeptide antibiotics. It is used in the treatment of infections related to lung, heart valve and also bones. It may be used in the treatment of some other disease as well. You can buy Vanlid 250 mg online also.
Indications and Usage
In some patients Postoperative bacterial infections may occur. The medicine is used to cure several infections that may have occurred in valves of the heart (endocarditis), lining of the lungs (pneumonia) and bone (osteomyelitis).
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dose is fixed by the doctor after examining you carefully. The usual dose that is given for adults is 500 mg to 2 gm that is to be taken daily in divided doses. The medicine is usually prescribed for 7 to 10 days. The dose may vary from case to case basis.
-Method of Administration
The medicine is to be taken by mouth with the help of a glass of water.
Missed dose should be taken as soon as you remember. However, if it is close to your next dose, then you should skip the missed dose and continue with the original schedule.
Overdose of medicine should be avoided as much as possible as it may lead to side effects also. Instantly consult your doctor when the drug is taken in excessive amounts.
Forms and Strengths
Strength: 250 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions
- Tell your doctor in case you are allergic to the main ingredient of the drug or to any other ingredient.
- The drug should be avoided in case you are suffering from kidney failure.
- Tell your doctor in case you are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- Renal function needs to be monitored at regular intervals while taking the medicine.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- The medicine is to be used only for the purpose specified and not for any other purpose.
- It is advisable not to operate any heavy machinery or drive while taking the medicine.
- Go for regular checkups to monitor the progress.
Some of the common side effects of the medicine include:
- Inflammation of a vein
- Decrease in blood pressure
- Pain and spasm of the chest
- Pain in the back muscles
- Abnormal decrease in white blood cell count
- Allergic reactions
- Kidney problems
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well. In case the side effects turn out to be severe, then you must consult doctor as soon as possible.
Some drug if taken along with Vanlid may affect its working. It is best to tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently so that chances of drug interaction is reduced to minimal. Here is a list of medicines that may interact:
- Cyclosporin A
- Amphotericin B
- Netilmicin (Sulphate)
- Metformin (HCl)
This is not a complete list of medicines and there may be others too.
The active ingredient of the drug is Vancomycin. The medicine works by weakening the bacterial cell wall and thus killing it.
The medicine should be stored in a cool and dry place away from heat, light and moisture.
The medicine is manufactured by Cipla Ltd. You can easily buy Vanlid 250 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.