|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|1 Inhaler||US$ 20.00||US$ 20.18||
|2 Inhaler||US$ 20.50||US$ 41.62||
|3 Inhaler||US$ 20.67||US$ 62.43||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Advair Inhaler|
|Strength||25 mcg + 250 mcg (120 mdi) Inhaler|
|Generic Name||Salmeterol + Fluticasone Propionate|
Salmeterol Xinafoate and Fluticasone Propionate are the active moieties and are used in the management of Asthma and Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It collectively relaxes the constricted airways in the lungs and avoids the generation of substances that cause inflammation and irritation. Salmeterol Xinafoate and Fluticasone Propionate combination is available in a metered dose inhalers dosage forms. Inhalers are one of the most preferred dosage forms for delivering medicine to the asthma patients. This dosage form renders targeted delivery of the drug at the site of action. It is also known as “Puffers”. It is a small handy device having canister and curved mouth piece. In this drug is mixed with a propellant. Inhaler dosage form renders following benefits:
- More drug reaches to your lungs
- Avoid drug wastage
- User friendly and can be taken by patients of all age group
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Salmeterol Xinafoate and Fluticasone Propionate are recommended in the treatment of COPD and Asthma. Its targeted action with minimal side effects makes it the most preferred drug for the above mentioned condition.
Understanding the drug Salmeterol Xinafoate and Fluticasone Propionate:
How it works?
Salmeterol Xinafoate and Fluticasone Propionate aids smooth breathing by clearing airway passages.
It is a long beta 2 receptor agonist and relaxes the smooth muscles, thus dilates the constricted bronchioles. Salmeterol is a potent and has long lasting effects. It acts via inhibiting the action of histamine, Leukotriene and prostaglandin D2 mediators in lungs.
It is a corticosteroid and demonstrates the anti-inflammatory properties and cures asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It stops the activity of inflammatory products and allergic mediators that leads to asthmatic response. In COPD, this active ingredient predominately stops the action of neutrophils, CD8+, T lymphocytes and inflammatory mediators that blocks the passage of airflow.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Salmeterol Xinafoate and Fluticasone Propionate if you:
- Are allergic to Salmeterol Xinafoate and Fluticasone Propionate
- Are patient of diabetes and Thyrotoxicosis
- Have Tuberculosis
- Have Cardiovascular diseases
- Have low levels of potassium
How much to take?
The general prescribed dose ranges in asthma are as follows:
50mcg Fluticasone Propionate /100 mcg Salmeterol Xinafoate -One inhalation twice a day for both adults and children (4 years and older)
50mcg Fluticasone Propionate /250 mcg Salmeterol Xinafoate and 50mcg Fluticasone Propionate /500 mcg Salmeterol Xinafoate is also taken twice daily.
In case of COPD, the recommended dose is one inhalation twice a day. The correct and best therapeutic dose is decided by the doctor after assessing the severity of condition. Always take the medicine after consulting with your doctor
What are the strengths available?
Salmeterol Xinafoate and Fluticasone Propionate combination contains following seven strength combination on our website:
- Seroflo multihaler 50mcg/250 mcg
- Seroflo multihaler 50 mcg/ 100 mcg
- Seroflo multihaler 50 mcg/ 500 mcg
- Seroflo inhaler 25 mcg/125 mcg
- Seroflo inhaler 25 mcg/250mcg
- Seroflo autohaler 25mcg/250mcg
- Seroflo autohaler 25 mcg/ 125 mcg
Who is the manufacturer?
Seroflo inhalers, multihalers and autohalers are manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals limited, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in multiple packs.
How to take?
Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Doctor is the one who is going to decide the proper dose scheduling. Always follow the instructions mentioned on the leaflet. Discuss with your Doctor or Pharmacist if any doubt arises. Taking medicine in an apt manner is a very crucial step.
- Always check the mouthpiece before using, it should always be clean and dirt free
- Shake the inhaler by holding it in a upright position
- Breathe out the air and completely empty your lungs
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips
- Take a deep breath through your mouth and press the canister to get puff of the medicine
- Remove the inhaler and continue to hold your breath for 10 seconds
- Breathe out through nose
- Replace the cap and after the gap of two seconds , take the next dose and repeat the steps as mentioned above
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the medicine as instructed by your doctor. Even if you feel fine, don’t stop taking medicine. Before discontinuing the medicine, consult your Doctor
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you encounter any of the following conditions like
- Allergic reaction
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest tightness
What if you miss the dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose, if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. You need to consult doctor if following effects are observed such as:
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular heartbeat
- Mental confusion
- Mood swings
- Visual disturbances
Some mild effects are as follows:
- Stomach disturbances
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. You doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking this medicine. Following are the drugs that shows interaction:
- Selective and non selective beta blockers
What are the things to be taken care of?
- It is very important to keep full record of the doses administered can impair your thinking or reaction. So be careful while driving or doing any other motor activity
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- The apt dosage and prescription is based on the information given by the patient and the condition being treated
- Always consult your physician for any kind of dose adjustment
- This product is only for use as prescribed and instructed