Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Serevent|
|Strength||120 mdi Inhaler|
Salmeterol is the active moiety used in the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It collectively relaxes the constricted airways in the lungs and avoids the generation of substances that cause inflammation and irritation. Salmeterol drug is available in a metered dose inhalers dosage forms. Inhalers are one of the most preferred dosage forms for delivering medicine to the asthma patients. This dosage form renders targeted delivery of the drug at the site of action. It is also known as “Puffers”. It is a small handy device having canister and curved mouth piece. In this drug is mixed with a propellant. Inhaler dosage form renders following benefits:
- More drug reaches to your lungs
- Avoid drug wastage
- User friendly and can be taken by patients of all age group
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Salmeterol is recommended in the treatment of COPD and Asthma. Its targeted action with minimal side effects makes it the most preferred drug for the above mentioned condition.
Understanding the drug Salmeterol and Fluticasone Propionate:
How it works?
Salmeterol aids smooth breathing by clearing airway passages.
Salmeterol is a long beta 2 receptor agonist and relaxes the smooth muscles, thus dilates the constricted bronchioles. Salmeterol is a potent and has long lasting effects. It inhibits the histamine, Leukotriene and prostaglandin D2 inflammatory mediators in lungs. It keeps the muscles around the lungs airways in a relaxed state and avoids symptoms of Asthma such as wheezing and shortness of breath.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Salmeterol if you:
- Are allergic to Salmeterol
- Have Food or drug allergy
- Have Epilepsy
- Are suffering from hormonal conditions like Diabetes and Hypothyroidism
- Have Tuberculosis
- Have Cardiovascular diseases
- Have low levels of potassium in blood
How much to take?
Doctor is the one who will decide the best therapeutic dose for you. Salmeterol is taken one inhalation twice a day for both adults and children. The best therapeutic dose is assigned by the doctor after assessing the severity of the condition.
What are the strengths available?
Salmeterol contains the following one strength combination on our website:
- Serobid inhaler 120 MDI
Who is the manufacturer?
Serobid inhaler is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals limited, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in multiple packs.
How to take?
Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Doctor is the one who is going to decide the proper dose scheduling. Always follow the instructions mentioned on the leaflet. Discuss with your Doctor or Pharmacist if any doubt arises. Taking medicine in an apt manner is a very crucial step.
- Always check the mouthpiece before using, it should always be clean and dirt free
- Shake the inhaler by holding it in a upright position
- Breathe out the air and completely empty your lungs
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lips
- Take a deep breath through your mouth and press the canister to get puff of the medicine
- Remove the inhaler and continue to hold your breath for 10 seconds
- Breathe out through nose
- Replace the cap and after the gap of two seconds , take the next dose and repeat the steps as mentioned above
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the medicine as instructed by your doctor. Even if you feel fine, don’t stop taking medicine. Before discontinuing the medicine, consult your Doctor
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you encounter any of the following conditions like
- Abdominal cramps
- Angina, hypertension or hypotension
- Increase in heart beat up to 200 beats per minute
What if you miss the dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose, if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. You need to consult doctor if following effects are observed such as:
- Breathing difficulties
- Facial oedema, mouth and tongue
Some common side effects are as listed below:
- Throat irritation
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Tell your doctor about all medications you use. This includes prescription, over-the-counter, vitamin, and herbal products. You doctor will provide you the list of drugs to be avoided while taking this medicine. Following are the drugs that show interaction:
- Monoamino oxidase inhibitors and anti depressants
What are the things to be taken care of?
- It is very important to keep full record of the doses administered can impair your thinking or reaction. So be careful while driving or doing any other motor activity
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- The apt dosage and prescription is based on the information given by the patient and the condition being treated
- Always consult your physician for any kind of dose adjustment
- This product is only for use as prescribed and instructed