|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.14||US$ 4.16||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.14||US$ 8.32||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.14||US$ 12.49||
|US Brand Name||Risperdal|
Risnia 3 mg containing Risperidone is an antipsychotic drug that changes the effects of chemicals in the brain. It is used for patients who have:
- Schizophrenia and psychotic conditions - These include first-episode psychoses, chronic schizophrenia, and acute schizophrenic exacerbations, in which positive symptoms (suspiciousness, hallucinations, thought disturbances, hostility, delusions) and negative symptoms such as blunted affect, poverty of speech, emotional and social withdrawal) are prominent.
- Bipolar disorder - The decreased need for sleep, racing thoughts, pressured speech, irritable mood, aggressive behaviour, distractibility, or poor judgment characterize managing mania in bipolar disorder. Risnia also alleviates affective symptoms such as anxiety, depression, and guilt feelings associated with schizophrenia.
- Alzheimer's - For treating agitation, aggression, or psychotic symptoms in patients with moderate to severe dementia of Alzheimer's type.
- Disruptive behaviour disorders - For treating other disruptive behaviour disorders in children (over five years), adolescents, and adults with sub-average intellectual functioning or mental retardation in whom destructive behaviours (ex-impulsivity, aggression, and self-injurious behaviours) are prominent. Treatment with Risnia for patients with disruptive behaviour disorders should be initiated only in consultation with a doctor.
- Autism spectrum disorder - in children and adolescents.
- In Schizophrenia
The dosage should be individualized according to the response and tolerability of the patient. The total daily dose of this medicine can be administered once daily, or half the total daily dose can be administered twice a day. In adults, the dose may be given once daily or twice daily. Doctors usually begin treatment with 2 mg per day. They may increase the dose on the second day to 4 mg. For elderly patients, a lower starting dose daily dose is recommended. In general, Risperidone is well tolerated by the elderly.
- In Bipolar mania
Risnia should be administered once daily, starting with 2 mg. Dosage adjustments, if required, should occur at intervals of not less than 24 hours and in dosage increments of 1 mg per day. As with all treatments, the continued use of Risperidone must be evaluated on an ongoing basis.
- In Autism
Risnia can be administered once or twice daily. Patients experiencing somnolence may benefit from a switch in dosing from one time a day to either once daily at bedtime or twice a day. The medicine should be administered based on body weight. Furthermore, the dose should be maintained, and the response assessed at approximately day 14.
Your dosing regimen may differ from the one given in this information guide. Stick to the dosing regimen prescribed by your doctor to get the best results.
You should be cautious while using this medicine as it may increase the risk of developing diabetes, so it is important to monitor glucose regularly. Tell your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in behaviour, worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts while taking medicine.
Common side effects of Risnia 3 mg include drowsiness, sedation, insomnia, headache, and parkinsonism. Initially, this medicine may cause a sudden drop in blood pressure, especially when you change positions, so it is better to stand slowly if you have been sitting or lying down. It also causes sleepiness and dizziness, so avoid driving or doing anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.