Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Requip|
|Generic Name||Ropinirole Hydrobromide|
Description of the drug:
Ropinirole Hydrobromide is the main ingredient present in Requip XL 2 mg. It is chiefly used to treat Parkinson’s disease. Ropinirole Hydrobromide is a dopamine
agonist. Dopamine is an essential substance that is needed by the brain for proper functioning. However, during Parkinson’s disease the levels of dopamine in the brain
come down. The medicine has been shown to have good effect on people suffering from moderate to severe Parkinson’s disease.
Indications and Usage:
Ropinirole Hydrobromide works like natural dopamine and enables the brain to function better. Keep in mind the drug is good to only reduce the symptoms brought by
Parkinson’s disease. It does not cure the condition in any way. It may help enhance sleep by reducing the urge to move your legs and avoid unpleasant feelings in the
Dosage and Administration
Generally .25 mg tablet thrice a day in the first week is the recommended dosage. It is then gradually increased with every week. Your doctor may prescribe Ropinirole
Hydrobromide as a standalone medicine or along with another drug like levodopa. Take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor. Never change the dosage or stop taking
it without your doctor’s permission.
-Method of Administration:
To take the tablet, swallow it with a glass of water. Do not crush or break the tablet. Take the medicine as recommended by your doctor. It should be taken along with
a well balanced diet that is rich in vegetables and fruits. If you take the tablet without food, you may feel nauseated or sick. It is therefore best to take the
medicine with food. It is advised that you take the tablet at the same time every day so that you do not forget to take the dosage. Take the medicine for as long as
the doctor recommends it for you. Do not stop taking the medicine till your doctor tells you to do so.
In case of missed dosage, skip the missed one and take the next one on time. Do not take a double dosage of the medicine.
In case of over dosage of the drug you may require immediate medical help. Go to the nearest health centre or consult your doctor immediately.
Forms and Strengths:
The medicine is available in the following strengths:
- Ropark 0.25 mg
- Ropark 0.5 mg
- Ropark 1 mg
- Ropark 2 mg
- Requip XL 2 mg
- Requip XL 4 mg
- Requip 5 mg
- Requip XL 8 mg
It is contraindicated in people who are allergic to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions:
- You should stay away from the medicine if
- You have an allergy to the ingredient or the drug
- You are pregnant or are planning to have a baby soon
- You are breast feeding
- You smoke
- You have severe kidney problems
- You have urinary issues
- You have an enlarged prostate
- You suffer from serious bladder infection
- You are below 18 years of age
- You have severe heart condition
- You have serious mental or behavioural problems
- You suffer from intolerance to certain sugars such as lactose intolerance
- The drug can have an impact on your ability to operate machinery or drive. This medicine should not be administered to children who are above 18 years of age. Avoid
- Tyramine rich foods, supplements and beverages while you are taking Ropinirole Hydrobromide. Avoid smoking while taking the medication, else your doctor might have to alter the dosage accordingly.
Some of the side effects of the drug include:
- Stomach pain
- Swelling of legs
- Heart burn
- Loss of appetite
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Postural hypotension
- High blood pressure
- Muscle aches
- Weight loss
- Trouble while breathing
- Mood changes
If you experience any of the effects, you must seek immediate medical help.
Talk to your doctor if you are taking the following medicines to avoid drug interactions:
- Ciprofloxacin or Enoxacin
- St. John's Wort
- Antidepressants like fluoxamine, sertraline etc.
- HRT (hormone replacement therapy)
You can ask your doctor to give you the entire list of drugs to be avoided before you buy Requip XL 2 mg online.
The active ingredient is Ropinirole Hydrobromide. It is a dopamine agonist, which works in certain areas of the brain to reduce the symptoms of Parkinson disease and
Store in a cool and dry place.
Ropark (0.25 mg, 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2 mg) is manufactured by Sun Pharma, a leading pharmaceutical company in India. Requip 5mg and Requip XL (2mg, 4 mg and 8 mg) are
both manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline, a pharmaceutical giant. You can easily buy Requip XL-2 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.