Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Requip|
Ropinirole is a drug belong to the non Ergoline class of drugs used for the treatment in Parkinson’s disease and restless legs syndrome. Parksinson’s diseas(PD) is a nerve disorder that increases as age progresses, which impacts your body movement. The clinical symptoms are:
- Walking difficulty
- Sensory and emotional problems
Ropinirole is a dopamine agonist that treats the signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. It can be given alone or in combination with the other drugs for the treatment of signs and symptom of PD.
The ailments, it is used for:
Ropinirole cures the signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. This drug has effectively controlled and treats the signs and symptoms.
Understanding, the drug Ropinirole:
Ropinirole is a potent drug used for the treatment of signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
How it works?
The reduced dopamine levels in the brain, which affects the body movements and causes undesirable symptoms like shaking, tremors and depression. The exact mechanism of action is still unknown, but its usage is recommended for the treatment of Parkinson's disease (PD) as it increases dopamine levels in the brain. It inhibits mono amino oxidase enzyme activity that increases the dopamine levels in the brain which ultimately improves muscle control and movement by maintaining the chemical balance in the brain by playing the role of dopamine.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Ropinirole if you:
- Are allergic to Ropinirole
- Have kidney problems
- Have a history of heart problems
- Are suffering from liver diseases
- Have a habit of smoking or any history of addiction
- Are prone to allergies
- Have a past history of mental or mood problems
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- Are breastfeeding a child
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. The usual recommended adult dose intake of Parkinson’s disease is 0.25 mg orally thrice a day. Always take the dose as prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Ropinirole is available in following strength preparations on our website:
- Requip 5 mg
- Requip 2 mg
- Requip 4 mg
- Requip 8 mg
- Ropark 0.25 mg
- Ropark 0.5 mg
- Ropark 1 mg
- Ropark 2 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Requip and Requip XL is manufactured by Glaxosmithkline pharmaceuticals limited, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
Ropik is manufactured by Sun pharmaceutical industries limited, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the packs of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Ropinirole is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with a full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet.
When to take?
Ropinirolecan be taken with or without food thrice a day. The dose intake depends upon your condition. Always take the medicine as per the prescription.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the drug intake.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter below mentioned symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Postural hypotension
- Facial muscle spasms
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also has some undesired effects with it. Ropinirole shows common and serious side effects such as:
- Dry mouth
- Stuffy nose
- Trouble sleeping
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Chest pain
- Decreased sexual ability
- Sudden and unexplained weight loss
- Swelling in hands, ankles and legs
- Changes in vision
- Severe and persistent drowsiness
- Sore of stiff neck
- Speech problems
- Unexplained nausea or vomiting
- Trouble thinking or walking
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, the doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Ropinirole:
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- This medicine is contraindicated in pregnancy and breast feeding
- This drug can cause dizziness so avoid driving or involving in any kind of motor activity
- Before going for dental surgery, inform your doctor that you are taking this medicine
- Elderly people may experience hallucinations, problem in hearing or seeing things
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine