Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Duetact|
|Strength||30 / 2 mg|
|Generic Name||Pioglitazone + Glimepiride|
Description of the drug
The active ingredients of the drug are Glimepiride and Pioglitazone. It belongs to the class of anti-diabetic drugs called Thiazolidinediones. It is mainly used in the treatment of Diabetes. You can purchase Pioglit GF - 30 / 2 mg online also.
Indications and Usage
The medicine is used in the treatment, prevention, control, and improvement of the following diseases;
- Lower blood glucose in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Dosage and Administration
The dosage of the medicine may vary from person to person and will be fixed by your doctor after examining you thoroughly.
-Method of Administration:
The medicine is to be taken by mouth with a glass full of water. Do not split or chew the tablet, it is to be taken as a whole.
Taking the medicine at the same time each day reduces chances of missing the dose. In case of missed dose consult with your doctor to reschedule the doses. Do not double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
An overdose of the medicine can result in several problems such as:
- Vision problems
- Low blood sugar levels
- Pain in stomach
- In case of an overdose of the medicine you must get in touch with emergency medical care as soon as possible.
Forms and Strengths
- Form: Tablet
- Strength: 30 / 2 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions
- Do not take the medicine if you are allergic to the main ingredient or to any other ingredient of the drug.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any of the diseases such as heart disease, bladder cancer, diabetic eye disease, diabetic ketoacidosis, kidney disease, liver problems,type-1 diabetes, fluid retention problems and so on
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant, planning to be pregnant or breast feeding your baby.
- It is advisable to check the blood sugar level at regular intervals.
- Do not share the medicine with anyone even if the person is suffering from the same symptoms.
- Use the medicine only for the purpose mentioned and not for any other purpose.
- If the symptoms do not improve even after taking the medicine for a long period of time then you should visit your doctor again.
- Some of the common side effects of the medicine are:
- Sudden pain in hand, arm or foot region
- Breath shortness
- Rapid gain of weight
- Painful micturition
- Tooth problems
- Fluid retention
- Muscle pain
- Blocked nose
- Change in colour of urine
- Throat irritation
This is not a complete list of side effects that may happen. There may be other side effects as well.
There are several medicines which may interact when taken with Pioglit GF and cause several side effects and also hamper its therapeutic efficacy. Some of such drugs which may interact and should not be taken together are:
- Other oral diabetes drugs like Chlorpropamide, Glipizide, Glimipride, and Tolbutamide
- St john’s Wort
This is not a complete list of medicines that may interact. There may be other medicines as well.
The active ingredients of the medicine are Pioglitazone and Glimepiride. The medicine works by increasing the amount of insulin that is released by the pancreas. It also helps in decreasing the glucose output and thus helps the body to make better utilization of insulin.
The medicine is to be stored in a cool and dark place away from heat, light, and moisture. It is also to be kept away from the reach of children.
The manufacturer of the medicine is Sun Pharma, a renowned pharmaceutical company.