|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 1.18||US$ 35.47||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 1.18||US$ 70.95||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 1.18||US$ 106.43||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Benicar|
|Manufacturer||Sun Pharma Laboratories Ltd|
Olmesartan Medoxomil is a drug that belongs to the class of angiotensin 2 receptors antagonist or blockers. They oppose the effect of angiotensin and aids smooth arterial blood flow. This all helps in reducing the elevated blood pressure levels therefore it is prescribed in hypertension. It is also given in other cardiovascular problems.
Angiotensin II receptors are the drugs that opposes the renin angiotensin aldosterone system. It inhibits the action of angiotensin hormone and is useful in various cardiovascular conditions like:
- Myocardial infarction
- Angina pectoris
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Olmesartan Medoxomil is used in the treatment of hypertension.
- It also decreases the risk of getting stroke in people suffering from hypertension
- It is given in left ventricular hypertrophy condition
Understanding the drug Olmesartan Medoxomil:
How it works?
Olmesartan Medoxomil is an angiotensin receptor antagonist and helps in smooth arterial blood flow.
Olmesartan Medoxomil is an angiotensin II receptor antagonist. Angiotensin II substance exerts two prime effects one is constriction of blood vessels and other is salt and fluid retention in kidneys by forming aldosterone hormone. Olmesartan Medoxomil stops the formation of Angiotensin II which in turn causes relaxation of blood vessels and increases the removal of fluid from the blood by the kidneys
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Olmesartan Medoxomil if you:
- Are allergic to Olmesartan Medoxomil
- Have hypotension or low blood pressure
- Have kidney disease
- Have liver problems
- Are dehydrated or hypotension
- Are taking other antihypertensive medications
- Are taking diuretics, potassium and salt containing potassium substitutes
- Have any other heart problems like myocardial infarction
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. Dose is decided by the doctor depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. The initial recommended dose starts form 10 mg and can be increased up to 40 mg depending upon the patient’s condition. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Olmesartan Medoxomil tablets contain the following two strength combinations that are available on our website:
- Olvance 20 mg
- Olvance 40 mg
- Olmesartan 40 mg
- Olmesar 20 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Olmesar is manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceutical limited, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
Olmesartan is manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceutical limited, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets
Olvance is manufactured by Ranbaxy Laboratories, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew it. Always follow the prescription.
When to take?
Olmesartan Medoxomil is taken once daily and can be taken before or after meal. The best way to take the medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
Olmesartan Medoxomil controls the hypertension but it doesn’t cure it. It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Red skin rash
- Rapid heart rate
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. The side effects are listed below:
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Nausea and vomiting
- Flu like symptoms
- Back pain
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Olmesartan Medoxomil. Few drugs are mentioned below:
- Prazosin and propranolol
- Glyceryl trinitrate
- Ciclosporin and heparin
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- This drug can cause dizziness so avoid doing any activity that needs alertness
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it may enhance its effect of dizziness
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Olmesartan can cause angioedema so always consult any sign or its symptom
- This drug passes into breast milk and may cause fetal damage
- Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
- Its use is contraindicated in children younger than 1 year old, it may affect kidney development in them
- Along with this drug, diet exercise and weight control are also needed to keep blood pressure levels under control
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose