Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Estrace Gel|
|Strength||Each 2.5 gm contains 1.5mg Estradiol|
|Generic Name||Estradiol Gel|
Description of the drug
Estradiol is the main active ingredient present in Oestrogel. Estradiol belongs to a group of medicines called Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). It is a natural occurring Oestrogenone of the three types of Estrogen, which is also produced by the female human body. Its main function is to help develop and nurture female reproduction organs and urinary system. Each 2.5 gm of this medicament contains 1.5 mg Estradiol)
Indications and Usage
Oestrogelis a short term hormone replacement therapy, an intra-vaginal gel, most commonly used for relieving premenopausal or menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal itching or irritation, burning sensation in the female genital area or dryness associated with menopause, also knows as atrophic vaginitis or vaginal atrophy,which is a common vaginal symptom of the menopause, caused by a lack of estrogen production by the ovaries. This medication contains female sex hormone Estradiol which is produced during the time of pregnancy.In some cases of menopause, physical intercourse becomes painful due to the degeneration of the vaginal lining. Apart from the menopause, this medication is also used for the treatment of osteoporosis, urinary tract infection and urine incontinence. So Oestrogel is the best choice of treatment to relieve such symptoms of menopause.
Dosage and Administration
Oestrogel 2.5 gm Gel should be used for as long as recommended by your doctor, usually once a day, before going to bed, for the first week, then once or twice a week or once every two weeks, as instructed by your doctor.The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Oestrogel Gel is intended for topical use only and should be inserted into your vagina, using the applicator provided with this medication. Use this drug application as directed by your doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. It may cause some allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug EstradiolGelis available in the following strength under the brand name of:
Oestrogel Gel (Each 2.5 gm contains 1.5 mg Estradiol)
Oestrogen Gel should not be used in patients who have shown hypersensitivity to any of the components present in the formulation.
- This drug should not be used in pregnant women. It may harm the unborn baby.
- This drug should not be used in lactating women, using this medicine while breastfeeding is harmful to the new born baby as this drug may pass through the breast milk.
- Do not use this medication if the patient has had a cancer, such as breast cancer or a cancer of the womb lining or ovary.
- This drug should not be used in women, who are suffering from unexplained abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Do not use this medication if you are having the habit of smoking and are older than 35 years of age.
- This medicine should not be used in those patients, who is having the highest risk of venous or arterial thrombosis diseases.
- This drug should not be given to those women who are suffering from uncontrolled high blood pressure, a heart disease, a blood clotting disorder.
- This medicament is contraindicated for the male patients.
Warnings and precautions
Remember that Estradiol cream cannot be used by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Oestrogel 1.5 mg Gel online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a heart problem like angina or a heart attack. Consult your doctor first, if you have any kind of heart problem before taking this medication.
- If the patient is suffering from unexplained vaginal bleeding, then in this case consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients who are suffering from asthma, diabetes, migraine or an epilepsy problem. In these conditions, consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those, who are suffering from any kind of kidney or liver problem. It is advised to consult your doctor, let your doctor know about your medical history before starting up with this medicament.
- This drug is intended for external use only, no to be taken orally.
- If the patient has reported any kind of allergic reaction in the past with any kind of food, dyes, or medicines, then consult your doctor before applying this medicament.
- If this drug comes in contact with eyes by mistake, wash your eyes thoroughly with water and contact your doctor regarding the same.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Mild irritation
Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Signs of blood clot
- Irritation or itching of the skin in or around the vagina.
- Breasts become swollen, tender or painful
- Peeling of the skin
- Burning off your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect Estradiol:
- Abiraterone acetate
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
- "Azole" antifungals (e.g., ketoconazole, itraconazole, vorionazole)
- Barbiturates (e.g., phenobarbital)
- Blood pressure-lowering medications (e.g., propranolol, enalapril, diltiazem)
- Corticosteroids (e.g., hydrocortisone, prednisolone, prednisone)
- Diabetes medications (e.g., chlorpropamide, glipizide, glyburide, insulin, metformin, nateglinide, rosiglitazone, saxagliptin)
- Grapefruit juice
- HIV protease inhibitors (e.g., lopinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir)
- St. John's wort
- Theophyllines (e.g., aminophylline, oxtriphylline, theophylline)
- Thyroid medications (e.g., levothyroxine, liothyronine)
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Oestrogel 1.5 mg (2.5 gm) Gel.
Oestrogel 1.5 mg (2.5 gm) Gelcomprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Estradiol. Estriol is anintra-vaginal cream, it is a harmone replacement therapy used to treat menopausal atrophic vaginitis, reducing symptoms like vaginal dryness, itching, irritation and inflammation and increased susceptibility to vaginal or urinary infections.Oestrogelwhenapplied on the vagina, Estradiol is slowly released and absorbed into the vaginal skin layer where it reverses changes in the vagina by stimulating thickening of the skin, reducing inflammation and restoring the physiological pH and normal microflora. The restoring effect of Evalon cream reduces the symptoms of atrophic vaginitis which can be maintained with continued use.
Oestrogel 1.5 mg (2.5 gm) Gel should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open.
Oestrogel 1.5 mg (2.5 gm) is manufactured by Besins International.It is a multinational pharmaceutical company. It develops and manufactures the pharmaceutical products. You can easily buy Oestro gel 1.5 mg (2.5 gm) online from our website and we will deliver this product at your doorsteps.