Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Zirgan|
Description of the drug:
Natclovir 250 mg is an antiviral drug and contains Ganciclovir as the main active ingredient. These belongs to a category of nucleoside analogues and works by mimicking the building blocks of DNA. Ganciclovir has potential to fight against many viruses like herpes, shingles, chickenpox and many more.
Indications and Usage:
Ganciclovir is very effectively used against virus diseases as it has a potential to stop the multiplication of viruses inside the body. The action of Ganciclovir is even very long lasting as thus it is one of the greatly preferred drug. This drug is used to prevent the recurrence of herpes cold sores, genital herpes, and other immune system related problems in patients suffering from HIV. This drug has also proved to be very helpful in the prevention of CMC disease in patient who have undergone organ transplant.
Dosage and administration
The recommended dose of this drug for adults is 250 mg twice every day. This drug can be consumed either without food or after having proper meals. The dose should be adjusted as per the response of the patient towards the drug under the supervision of your doctor. Report your doctor after a regular time interval of 3 to 4 weeks.
-Mode of administration:
Natclovir is available in the form of a capsule and this makes it easier to be consumed orally with sufficient amount of water. Completely swallow this medicine with water. Do not chew it.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and strengths:
Natclovir is available in the form of a capsule and applies to the following strengths:
- Natclovir – 250 mg
You can buy Natclovir 250 mg online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price.
The following drugs have been reported to contraindicate the medicine Natclovir:
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Hypersensitive reactions
Warnings and Precautions:
- You should always consult your doctor within a time span of 1 month if you are prescribed with high dosage of Natclovir. Several cases of renal problems have been reported in patients who were consuming high dosage of this drug as per their health conditions
- You should avoid driving immediately after taking this medication. It may cause slight dizziness or confusion
- It is advisable to consult your doctor and then take the prescribed dosage of Natclovir if you are galactose intolerance or have problem in absorption of glucose or galactose. Natclovir contains lactose as one of the secondary ingredient which may cause some problem
- You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Natclovir has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Please consult your doctor before taking Natclovir capsule along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
When you Natclovir 250 mg online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com, make sure to keep a note of all the instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
Natclovir is known to have some side effects. Some of which are listed here:
- Chest pain
- Hot flashes
- Abdominal problems
- Weight gain
- Urogenital tract problems
- Irregular periods
Following drugs are known to interact with the working of Natclovir:
- Probenecid – can increase plasma concentration of this drug
- Raloxifene – is one of the potent aldehyde oxidase inhibitor and can decrease the effectiveness of this drug
Ganciclovir is the main active ingredient present in the drug Natclovir 250 mg.
Ganciclovir blocks the action of viruses and thus is one of the potent antiviral drug used now. It is a pro drug which is ultimately converted into Penciclovir. Penciclovir is the actual metabolite which is effective in eliminating and fighting against viruses. Patients who are suffering from genital herpes are especially prescribed with Ganciclovir in order to avoid any future outbreaks. This drug also gives relief to patient from the symptoms of itching and severe pain.
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
- Keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pet
- Store at room temperature
- Keep the drug away from heat and moisture
- Do not discard the expired medicine without wrapping it properly.
Natclovir 250 mg is manufactured by the company NatcoPharma Limited. It is an Indian company and also export their products to other countries like US, Europe and others. It is specialized in making formulations and drugs in bulk amount.