|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.19||US$ 5.5960%US$ 13.97||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.19||US$ 11.1760%US$ 27.93||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.19||US$ 16.7560%US$ 41.88||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Lipitor|
Description of the drug:
Atorvastatin is the main ingredient present in the drug Atorlip-10 mg. This drug is also referred to as statins and is used as the medication to treat high blood
pressure and heart complications. The calcium content in this drug is very high and it acts basically as an inhibitor of HMG-CoA reductase enzyme. Atorvastatin helps
in decreasing the levels of bad cholesterol or LDL.
Indications and Uses:
Atorvastatin contains a high amount of calcium which acts as one of the selective and competitive inhibitors of an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase by blocking the enzyme's
action. HMG-CoA acts as one of the major rate-limiting enzymes in the series of reaction that finally leads the formation of cholesterol. This drug has the key role to
lower the levels of cholesterol in the body. It increases the levels of good cholesterol i.e. HDL or High-density lipoprotein and decreases the levels of LDL or low-
density lipoprotein. Cholesterol is one the component that is carried through the bloodstream. Thus, controlling the levels of cholesterol in the body, this drug also
controls cardiovascular complications like heart attack, strokes, myocardial infarction, type 2 diabetes, and hypercholesterolemia. This drug is used to treat adults
and children who are at least 10 years old.
Dosage and Administration:
1. Recommended dose:
The recommended dose of Atorvastatin in adults is 10 mg daily and preferably at the same time every day.
- A higher dose is prescribed to patients who have a cholesterol level of 40% or more.
- Your doctor will advise you to adjust the dose after a minimum time period of 2-3 weeks depending on the effectiveness of the medicine and the medical condition of the patient.
- When you buy Atorlip 10 mg online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com, make a note of all the instructions mentioned above.
2. Mode of administration:
Atorvastatin is available in the form of a tablet. It can be consumed orally through the mouth with sufficient amount of water. It is mandatory to consult your doctor
before taking this medicine with fluids other than water like juice and milk.
3. Missed Dose:
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In a case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately.
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and Strengths:
Atorvastatin drug is available in the form of a tablet and under following strengths:
- Atorlip 10 mg
- Atorlip 20 mg
- Atorlip 40 mg
- Atorva 5 mg
- Atorva 80 mg
Atorvastatin drug is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Pregnant women
- Lactating mother
- Liver ailments including higher levels of liver enzyme transaminase
- Kidney disorders
Warnings and Precautions
- You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background tothe doctor. Atorvastatin has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Please consult your doctor before taking Atorvastatin tablets along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- Please use this drug as prescribed and instructed. Any alteration in the dosage without informing your doctor can be life threatening
- Do not take this tablet with fluid other than water. You should avoid consuming this drug with juice or other liquid which poses high sugar content. This may
- adversely affect your heart by increasing your cholesterol levels
Atorvastatin drug has been reported to cause severe side effects like:
- Running nose
- Diarrhoea or constipation
- Allergic reactions
- Breathing problems
- Muscle weakness and pain
- Mood swings
- Liver problems
- Loss of urine
- Change in urine colour
- Adverse effects on diabetic patients
Several drugs have been reported to interact and alter the effectiveness of Atorvastatin drug. Some of which are:
- Biaxin (clarithromycin)
- Isoniazid (rifampin)
All these drugs have a potential to increase the blood levels of Atorvastatin medicine and can cause severe liver and kidney damage. It is mandatory for diabetic
patients to avoid all these medications if they are already taking Atorvastatin.
Atorvastatin calcium is the main active ingredient present in the drug Atorlip 10 mg. This drug is also called as statin and acts as a selective and competitive
inhibitor of the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. This enzyme is necessary for converting the sterol precursors into cholesterol. Atorvastatin is used to cure the medical
problems like high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, and critical heart disorders.
- Store this drug under room temperature and away from heat and moisture
- Keep Atorvastatin away from the reach of pets and children
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
This drug is manufactured by one of the leading multinational pharmaceutical company, Cipla. This Indian based company is one of the top biotechnology giants that uses
innovative technologies for various drug discovery programs.