|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.72||US$ 21.47||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.72||US$ 42.94||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.72||US$ 64.41||
|US Brand Name||Keppra|
Description of the drug
Levetiracetam is the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Levipil 500 mg tablet. Levetiracetam is an anti-epileptic drug, also known as anticonvulsant. This drug is used to treat seizure disorders such as epilepsy in adults and children who are at least 4 years of age.
Indications and Usage
Levetiracetam is an anti-seizure drug used to treat epilepsy and tonic-clonic seizures in adults and children who are at least 6 years of age. Epilepsy is a chronic brain disorder in which the wrong neural signal are transmitted that causes the person to experience the uncontrolled and repetitive activity of the body muscle known as seizure or convulsion, that leads to the symptoms such as unconsciousness, constantly staring at one site, temporary confusion, abnormal and abrupt twitches, tremors and tics, fainting, and increased risk of physical injury. This drug shows its result by decreasing the number of seizures in the patient.
Dosage and Administration
1. Recommended dose:
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
2. Method of Administration:
Levipil 500 mg is available in the form of a tablet taken orally by mouth with a glass of water, it is advised to take at the same time in which you are taking each day, with or without food as directed by your doctor. Do not break, crush, or chew the tablet, it will cause you a bitter taste.
3. Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose symptoms may include extreme drowsiness, agitation, aggression, shallow breathing, weakness, fainting, headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Levetiracetamis available in the following strength under the brand name of Levipil:
- Levipil 250 mg
- Levipil 500 mg
- Levipil 750 mg
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation.
- This drug should not be given to children younger than 4 years. This drug may have a risk of increased blood pressure.
- This drug is not suitable for lactating mothers, prior consult your doctor and then start this medicine.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Levetiracetam cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Levipil 500 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, including dialysis treatment, mental disorder such as depression, this drug is harmful in these conditions, therefore, it is advised to consult your doctor and let him know about your medical history prior taking this drug.
- Take this drug only when it is needed during pregnancy, it may harm the unborn baby, however, untreated seizure is more harmful to pregnant women and to the fetus therefore, it is advised to take this medicament under the doctor’s supervision with a regular checkup.
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause dizziness, so avoid driving and use of machines, while taking this drug
- Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
Some common side effects that can occur:
- Aggressive behavior
- Personality disorder
- Mental disorder
- Outburst of anger
- Mood swings
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Painful and difficulty in urination
- Blurred vision
- Muscle and joint pain
Some serious side effects that can occur:
- Bloody nose
- Double vision
- Loss of bladder control
- Pain or tenderness around the eye and cheekbone
- Problem with memory
- Sensation of spinning
- Tightness of cheeks
- Lack of concentration
Trembling or other problems with muscle control and co-ordination
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Levipil:
- Antihistamines like Cetirizine
- Diphenhydramine like Banadryl
- Alprazolam, like Niravam or Xanax
- Narcotic pain relievers such as codeine
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Levipil 500 mg tablet.
Levipil 500 mg tablet comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Levetiracetam. Levetiracetam binds to the synaptic vesicles present at the end of the nerves that inhibits the presynaptic calcium channel and stabilizes the electrical activity of the brain and, thus prevents seizures.
Levetiracetam should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Levipil 500 mg tablets are manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical, It is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Levipil 500 mg from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.