|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|28 Tablet/s||US$ 2.25||US$ 63.06||
|56 Tablet/s||US$ 2.25||US$ 126.13||
|84 Tablet/s||US$ 1.69||US$ 141.8925%US$ 189.19||
|US Brand Name||Januvia|
Description of the drug
Sitagliptin is the main active ingredient present in Januvia – 50 mg. It is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels. This drug is administered along with the diet and exercise and helps in lowering increased blood sugar levels of the body, but it is not for treating type 1 diabetes.
Indications and Usage
Sitagliptin is an antidiabetic drug used for the controlling of type 2 diabetes. It is used in combination with diet and exercise to lower blood glucose in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Januvia is available in the form of a tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take once or twice daily before or after having a meal as prescribed by the doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, sometimes it may be poisonous. In case of an overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Sitagliptin is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Januvia - 50 mg Tablet
- Januvia - 25 mg Tablet
- Januvia - 100 mg Tablet
- Sitagliptin should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to pregnant women, or to women who are planning to get pregnant in the near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
- Do not use this drug if you have a bladder cancer or moderate to severe heart failure
- Do not use this drug if you have type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Sitagliptin cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Januvia – 50 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who suffer from any kind of liver problem, including jaundice, then you must consult your doctor before taking this drug.
- Patients who is suffering from any eye infection, then before taking this medicine contact your doctor.
- Patients having a history of pancreatitis, it is a condition of severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite, fast heart rate. In this case you must consult your doctor before taking this drug.
- Patients who are having a gallstone, must consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
- People having a swelling problem or edema should avoid taking this medicine or ask your doctor once for its use.
- Patients who are having severe anemia that is a disease of less red blood cell than normal. In this condition tell your doctor before taking this medicament.
- If the patients have a problem with low blood pressure, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- While taking this medicament, it is advised to avoid consuming alcohol.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the older age people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Acne like Rash
- Joint pain
- Sore throat
- Weight gain
- Inability to sleep
- Blurred vision
- Uneven heartbeats
- Pale yellow skin
- Redness of your skin
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Sitagliptin:
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Sitagliptin.
Januvia comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Sitagliptin. It belongs to a class of medications called dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitors.This medicine helps to improve the levels of insulin after a meal and decreases the amount of sugar made by the body. It works by increasing the amounts of certain natural substances that lower blood sugar when it is high.
Sitagliptin tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Januvia - 50 mg is manufactured by Merck Pharmaceutical Limited. It is an Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Januvia - 50 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.