|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|28 Tablet/s||US$ 2.25||US$ 63.06||
|56 Tablet/s||US$ 2.25||US$ 126.13||
|84 Tablet/s||US$ 1.69||US$ 141.8925%US$ 189.19||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Januvia|
Sitagliptin Phosphate is a prescribed medicine that comprises of active ingredients one is Sitagliptin Phosphate in it. They together improve the blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes. This drug is administered along with the diet and exercise and helps in lowering increased blood sugar levels of the body. It is given in type2 diabetes mellitus. Sitagliptin Phosphate is one of the most preferred drugs given in the type 2 diabetes mellitus.
The ailments it is used for:
Sitagliptin Phosphate is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of type 2 Diabetes. It is given as an adjunct with diet and exercise in the management of Type 2 diabetes.
Understanding the drug Sitagliptin Phosphate :
How it works?
Sitagliptin Phosphate helps in controlling the bloods sugar levels of the body.
Sitagliptin is a dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitor. It works by increasing the release of Incretin hormone that raises levels of insulin in the body. This in turn, lowers the glucose production and maintains apt blood glucose levels in the body.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Sitagliptin Phosphate if you:
- Are hypersensitive towards Sitagliptin Phosphate
- Have diabetic ketoacidosis
- Have type 1 diabetes
- Are breast feeding
- Have history of pancreatitis
- Are suffering from kidney related problems
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
How much to take?
The usual dose starts from 100 mg containing Sitagliptin Phosphate and can be decreased or increased depending up on the condition. Doctor will always recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. The suitable dose gives maximum effect with least side effects. Various parameters health status, age and body weight are considered and dosage of the drug is decided.
What are the strengths available?
Sitagliptin Phosphate is available in three strength combination on our website:
- Januvia 25 mg
- Januvia 50 mg
- Januvia 100 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Januvia is manufactured by Merck ltd, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 28 tablets.
How to take?
Sitagliptin Phosphate is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Take the tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Regular check your blood sugar levels. If you experience extreme low levels of blood sugar, always keep a source of sugar with yourself.
When to take?
Take the medicine as instructed by the Doctor. Follow all the directions mentioned on the prescription label. In case of any confusion, consult with your Doctor or Pharmacist. It can be taken with or without food.
For how long should it be taken?
This drug is meant to be taken on regular basis, so keep on taking the drug as long as recommended by the Doctor. Sudden discontinuation can lead to undesired and sever problems.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, talk to Doctor or Poisons information centre for advice. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms like:
- Abdominal pain
- Extreme weakness
- RestlessnessWhat if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing dose. Consult your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Sitagliptin Phosphate is very effective and potent antidiabetic drug. Along with the highly therapeutic drug effect, it also exerts some side effects. This is not essential that everyone will encounter these below mentioned effects such as:
Very common side effects generally happen in initial stages of the treatment. With pace of time, the following effect diminishes:
- Abdominal discomfort and pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Back pain
- Muscular pain
Serious side effects are as follows:
- Symptoms of Pancreatitis such as extreme pain in upper stomach and fast heartbeat
- Swelling, weight gain and shortness of breath
- Frequent urination
- Skin rashes, fever, soreness of throat
- Blistering and peeling of skin
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always tell doctor about the medicines you are taking. Doctor will provide you a list of the drugs that will interact with Sitagliptin Phosphate and may hamper its therapeutic efficacy. Some of the drugs which interact with Sitagliptin Phosphate and can produce hindrance in its mode of action or can cause undesired effects are stated below:
- Sulfa drugs like Bactrim
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors like Selegiline and Moclobemide
- Warfarin and Coumadin
- Beta blockers like Atenolol and Timolol
- insulin and other diabetes medications
- Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs like Aspirin and Salicylates
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Don’t use the expired drug
- Always monitor your blood sugar levels
- Avoid driving and other activity that requires alertness
- Avoid consumption of alcohol while using this drug
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Follow strict diet and exercise regimen while taking this drug