Irovel 150 mg
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.41||US$ 12.43||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.41||US$ 24.88||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.41||US$ 37.31||
|US Brand Name||Avapro|
Irovel 150 contains Irbesartan, which comes under the class of drugs known as angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body and adheres to receptors in blood vessels, causing them to tighten. This cause a spike in blood pressure. Irovel prevents the adherence of angiotensin II to these receptors, causing the blood vessels to relax and the blood pressure to drop. Irbesartan slows the decrease of renal function in patients with high blood pressure and type II diabetes.
Irovel is a prescription treatment for adult patients with high blood pressure. It protects the kidney in patients with high blood pressure, type II diabetes, and impaired renal function.
Follow your doctor’s advice when taking this medicine. Check with your doctor if you are unsure about the correct dosing regimen. Irovel 150 is for oral use. Swallow the pill with enough water. You can take this medicine with or without food. You must continue taking the Irovel tablet when your doctor instructs you—patients with high blood pressure.
The usual dose is 150 mg once daily for patients with high blood pressure. Doctors may later increase the dose to 300 mg once daily, depending on blood pressure response.
For patients with high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes with kidney disorder- Doctors usually advise a lower dose, especially when initiating treatment in patients such as those on haemodialysis or those above 75 years of age. The maximum blood pressure lowering effect should be reached 4 to 6 weeks after starting the treatment.
Do not take Irovel 150 mg in the following conditions if you are:
— Allergic to Irbesartan or any other ingredients of the formulation
— More than three months pregnant
— Suffering from diabetes or impaired kidney function are treated with a blood pressure-lowering drug-containing aliskiren
Speak to your doctor before taking Irbesartan tablets, and if any of the following applies to you:
- If you get excessive vomiting or diarrhoea
- If you suffer from heart disease
- If you suffer from kidney impairment
- If you receive Irbesartan tablets for diabetic kidney disease. In such cases, your doctor may perform regular blood tests, especially for measuring blood potassium levels in case of poor kidney function
- If you develop low blood sugar levels. Symptoms of low blood sugar may include weakness, trembling, headache, numbness, dizziness, hunger, flushing or paleness, and having a fast-pounding heartbeat, particularly if you are being treated for diabetes.
- If you are undergoing surgery or being given anaesthetics.
- If you are using any of these drugs to treat high blood pressure:
- ACE inhibitors, for example, ramipril, enalapril, and lisinopril; if you have diabetes-related kidney problems, your doctor may check your blood pressure, kidney function etc.
Blood tests may show increased potassium levels if you suffer from high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes with renal impairment. Other common symptoms include vomiting, dizziness, fatigue, and blood tests that may show an increased level of an enzyme that measures muscle and heart function.