Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Glycomet GP|
|Generic Name||Metformin + Glimepiride|
Description of the drug:
Metformin are Glimepiride the active ingredients present in Glycomet GP - (500+1) mg. It is an oral anti-diabetic medicine that is used to treat type-2 diabetes. It can also be used to treat type-1 diabetes. You can buy Glycomet GP - (500+1) mg online.
Indications and Usage:
Type-2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes and obesity is the chief reason for this disorder. You can manage the condition with the help of diet, exercise and medicines.
Metformin works by reducing the high blood glucose by enabling your body to make more use of the insulin that is released by the pancreas. The drug works by suppressing the production of glucose by the liver.
Glimepiride is an oral hypoglycemic medicine that encourages insulin production from pancreatic beta cells and enhances the sensitivity of the body cells to the insulin. It combines with the potassium channel to depolarize the membrane. This in turn leads to insulin secretion.
Dosage and Administration
The initial dosage for adults is 500 mg at least once or twice a day. The maximum dosage that can be taken is 1000 mg. The dosage would vary from one person to another. Make sure to ask your doctor to know about your recommended dosage.
The medicine should be taken as long as is recommended by the doctor. It controls diabetes but does not cure it.
Method of Administration:
Take the tablet with a glass of water. It can be broken into two on the recommendation of the doctor. The medicine must be combined with a nutritious diet for best results. It should be taken during or immediately after having food. This will decrease the chances of any stomach issues.
In case of a missed dose, it is best to take the medicine as soon as you remember. However, if it is close to the time to take your next dosage, it is best to skip it. Do not take double dosage of the medicine.
Overdose of the medicine may lead to harmful effects on the body. Some symptoms of over dosage may include shaking, trembling, weakness, hunger, loss of consciousness, loss of co-ordination, and slow heart rate. To increase the sugar levels urgently, you can take 2-3 teaspoon honey or sugar, drink a non-diet soft drinks or take 2-3 concentrated glucose tablets. In case the situation worsens, visit a doctor immediately.
Forms and Strengths:
It is available in the following strength
- Form – Tablet
- Strength - GP( 500+2) mg and Glycomet GP (500+1) mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions:
- You must avoid the drug if:
- You have an allergy to the ingredients
- You are pregnant or are planning to have a baby
- You are breastfeeding
- You have serious kidney issues
- You suffer from dehydration
- You have serious infection
- You are facing breathing problems
- You have pancreatitis or blood clots
- Some other precautions to be kept in mind:
- Do not take alcohol while taking the medicine
- Elderly people may need very less dosage
- Stay away from sunlight while under treatment as the skin becomes very sensitive to it
- Do not skip any meal while under treatment
Inform your doctor of the following side effects:
- Stomach pain
- Taste disturbance
- Rashes and sores
The medicine may interact with other rugs. Ask your doctor if you are taking the following drugs:
- Vitamins like Vit. B12
- Metformin and Glimepiride are the active ingredients present in the medicine.
- Store the medicine in a cool and dry place. Keep it away from the reach of pets and children.
- It is manufactured by US Vitamins, a leading healthcare company in India.