|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 5.34||US$ 160.1310%US$ 177.93||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 5.34||US$ 320.2710%US$ 355.86||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 5.34||US$ 480.4010%US$ 533.78||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||N/A|
Efavirenz is a potent drug belonging to the class of non nucleoside analog reverse transcriptase (nNRTI) inhibitors. It is a drug that treats HIV infection and hepatitis B. It does not cure HIV infection, but it helps in decreasing the chances of AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). Efavirenz is a well known drug and is widely accepted due to its excellent safety profile. It is available on our website in the form of solid oral tablet dosage form.
The ailments, it is used for:
Efavirenz is a drug that is given in the treatment of HIV infection and is a vital component of antiretroviral therapy.
Understanding the drug Efavirenz:
Efavirenz is a potent antiviral drug and is one of the most preferred drugs given by the doctor.
How it works?
Efavirenz acts by interfering with the viral reproductive system. It gets incorporated into viral DNA with the help of two enzymes, i.e. HIV reverse transcriptase and HBV polymerase. This all hinders the viral DNA formation. Efavirenz stops the DNA formation which is very vital for virus survival.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Efavirenz if you:
- Are allergic to Efavirenz
- Are prone to allergies
- Are suffering from seizures
- You are suffering from liver problems
- Are suffering from hypercholestermia
- Are pregnant or planning to conceive
- Are breast feeding
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. The usual recommended dose is 600 mg once a day. It can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s condition. Always take the dose as prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Efavirenz is available in following strength preparation on our website:
- Efavir 200 mg
- Efavir 600 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Efavir is manufactured by Cipla Pharmaceuticals private limited, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Efavirenz is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with full glass of water. Don’t try to crush or chew the tablet.
When to take?
Always take the medicine as instructed by the Doctor or Pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. Generally, it is taken once a day for the treatment of HIV infection. The dose intake varies from patient to patient. So, doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the drug intake.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms.
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day. This reduces the chances of missing a dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also has some undesired effects with it. Efavirenz shows common side effects such as:
- Stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Stomach pain
- Skin rashes
- Flu symptoms
- Sore throat, cough
- Muscle pain
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Efavirenz. Few drugs are mentioned below that can affect its breakdown and elimination by the liver:
- St. John’s wort
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- If you experience any unusual symptoms like fever, muscle stiffness, irregular beating
- Avoid the intake of alcohol beverages while using Efavirenz as it increases your risk for liver and pancreas problems
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- This drug can cause severe dizziness so immediately consult with your doctor
- During pregnancy, one can take this medicine only after Doctor’s recommendation in order to prevent the further transmission of the HIV virus to the baby
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine