|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.32||US$ 9.46||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.32||US$ 18.92||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.32||US$ 28.38||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Depakote ER|
|Generic Name||Divalproex Sodium|
Divalproex Sodium is a drug that is prescribed in a condition called epilepsy. It is used to treat various types of seizure disorders. It is synthesized chemically from sodium valproate and Valproic acid in a 1:1 ratio.
It is available in the form of extended release dosage form as it prolongs the duration of action of the drug and maintains a safety range through which it can effectively treat the disease. It shows below listed benefits such as:
- Reduces side effects such as local irritation or steady elevation in plasma concentration
- Decreases the dose, frequency and shows excellent patient compliance
The ailments, it is used for:
Divalproex Sodium is indicated in the below listed conditions like:
- Acute treatment of manic or mixed episode with bipolar disorder, with or without psychotic features
- It is given in complex, partial and absence seizures
- Prophylaxis of migraine headache
How it works?
It contains Divalproex Sodium as an active ingredient in it. It increases the levels of brain neurotransmitter called GABA. Gamma amino butyric acid is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that controls the hyperactivity of neurons in the brain. It decreases seizures, restrains manic behavior and reduces the migraine headaches.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Divalproex Sodium if you:
- Are allergic to Divalproex Sodium
- Have a history of depression, mental problem or confusion
- Have a track record of urea cycle disorder
- Have HIV or cytomegalovirus infection
- Have kidney related problems
- Have liver problem induced by genetic mitochondrial disease
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. The dose intake is decided by the doctor. He will recommend the best suitable drug. Always take the dose prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Divalproex Sodium is available in five strength preparations on our website:
- Dicorate Extended release 125 mg
- Dicorate Extended release 250 mg
- Dicorate Extended release 500 mg
- Dicorate Extended release 750 mg
- Dicorate Extended release 1000 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Dicorate is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Divalproex Sodium is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Always follow the prescription.
When to take?
Divalproex Sodium can be taken with or without food once in a day. The intake of dosage depends upon your condition. Always take the medicine as per the prescription.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms.
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. Divalproex Sodium shows common and serious side effects such as:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Headache, tremors and dizziness
- Motor in coordination
- Blurred vision
- Changes in appetite
- Unexplained weight gain
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Unusual bleeding and easy bruising
- Extreme skin reaction along with the symptoms like fever, burning sensation in eyes, red or purple skin rash causing blistering and peeling of skin
- Worsening seizures
- Confusion, unexplained tiredness
- Severe drowsiness
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Divalproex Sodium. The following are the drugs that may interact with Divalproex Sodium:
- Carbapenam antibiotics
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- It is important to monitor liver function so one should go for liver test function
- This drug causes dizziness so avoid driving and machinery after consuming it
- Avoid the intake of alcohol beverages while using Divalproex Sodium as it can enhance the effect of drowsiness
- It may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do any other activity like swimming that requires alertness
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine