Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Zebeta|
Bisoprolol is a beta adrenergic receptor blocker widely used as an antihypertensive medicine. It prevents chest pain and improves survival of a heart attack. It relaxes the blood vessels and reduces the blood pressure & heart rate.
Beta blockers are the drugs that targets beta receptors present mainly in heart, airways, arteries, smooth muscles and kidneys. They decrease the work load of the heart and helps to beat more regularly and controls mild to moderate high blood pressure. .
Understating the ailments it is used for:
Bisoprolol is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain and heart attack. It is often recommended as a secondary prevention of heart attack.
Understanding the drug Bisoprolol:
How it works?
Bisoprolol is a beta blocker and is one of the most recommended drugs given in the hypertension.
Bisoprolol is a cardio selective beta 1 adrenergic receptor blocker and it gets bind with beta receptors in the heart and vascular smooth muscles and inhibits their action. This all results in following effects:
- Relaxes the blood vessels and aids smooth arterial blood flow
- Effortless pumping of blood out of the heart and around the body
- Reduces high level of blood pressure
- Provides oxygen by decreasing energy used by the heart to pump blood around the body
- Reduces workload of the heart and amount of oxygen needed to pump the blood around the body
- Improves survival and prevents future heart attack by correcting improper electrical activity of heart blood vessels resulting in fast or slow heartbeat
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Bisoprolol if you:
- Are allergic to Bisoprolol
- Have asthma
- Have bronchitis
- Have hypotension or low blood pressure
- Have liver or kidney disease
- Having heart problems like sick sinus syndrome, bradycardia and blockage in heart
- Are suffering from hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism
- Have congestive heart failure
- Have psoriasis
- Have pheochromacytoma
- Have blood circulation problems like Raynaud’s disease or peripheral vascular disease
- Are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
Always take the dose as prescribed by the physician. It is very important to consume medicine timely. The general recommended dose is 5 mg for hypertension patients. In case of congestive heart failure, initial dose starts from 1.25 mg. The dose can be increased or decreased depending upon the patient’s condition and demand. With time, dose adjustments are generally done according to the response of the patient. Always take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Bisoprolol tablets contain the following three strength combinations that are available on our website:
- Corbis 2.5 mg
- Corbis 5 mg
- Corbis 10 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Corbis is manufactured by Unichem Laboratories, a pharmaceutical giant. It is available on our websites in the pack of 30 tablets.
How to take?
You must swallow the whole tablet with one glass full of water. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
When to take?
Bisoprolol is taken once daily with or without food. It is the best way to take medicine same time daily because it shows best results and helps to remember when to take the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
It is important to take the drug as instructed by your doctor. Abrupt discontinuation of medicine can cause adverse reactions. So before stopping the drug intake, always consult physician first.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
You may need urgent medical attention if you experience below mentioned symptoms:
- Unexplained weight gain
- Swelling of hands and feet
- Red skin rash
- Sudden hunger
- Blurred vision
- Pale color
- Sweating or confusion
- Rapid heart rate
What if you miss the dose?
Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose then skip the dose and take your next dose on the correct time. Do not double up the dose to compensate for the missed one.
What are the side effects?
All medicines have their side effects, sometimes they are serious but most of the times they are not. Common side effects are mentioned below:
- Weakness and tired feeling
Serious side effects which need medical attention are as follows:
- Fast heartbeat
- Abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath
- Pain in arms or shoulders
- Cold feeling in hands and feet
- General illness
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Bisoprolol.
- Diabetes medication like Glimipride and Glypride
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Keep the medicine in a close tight container and out of reach of children
- Don’t use the expired medicine
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine
- Patients having diabetes may not feel a clinical symptom of fast heart beat due to Bisoprolol. Other low blood sugar symptoms like dizziness, sweating remains unaffected with this drug. So it is recommended to check your blood sugar levels on regular basis
- This drug passes into breast milk and may cause fetal damage
- Monitor your blood pressure levels regularly
- Along with this drug, diet exercise and weight control are also needed to keep blood pressure levels under control
- Don’t exceed the recommended dose