Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Amphotericin B|
|Generic Name||Amphotericin B|
Description of the drug
Amphotericin B is the main active ingredient present in Amphotret Inj 50mg Injection. Amphotericin B is a freeze dried preparation for intravenous injection. This drug is a polyene macrolide antifungal antibiotic obtained from a strain of Streptomyces nodosus, used to treat life-threatening fungal infections.
Indications and Usage
Amphotericin B is used in the treatment of serious fungal infections of one or more deep organ of the body, suspected fungal infections in patients with a raised temperature and neutropenia, it is a reduced number of white blood cells called neutrophils, and Visceral leishmaniasis (a disease caused by a parasite).
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore this medicine is to be taken exactly as your doctor asked you to take.
-Method of Administration:
The drug is available in the form of an Injection. Amphotret Inj injection comes in a sterile liquid form to be injected through intravenously that is into a vein or through intramuscularly that is into a muscle, as per your doctor’s direction. The length of your treatment depends on the type of infection you have. If you are taking this medicament at home, use this drug exactly as directed by your doctor.
Consult the doctor if the dose is missed, it is suggested to take this medication under the supervision of your doctor
The overdose of any drug either purposely or accidently can cause you harmful effects. Sometimes overdose of a medicine may be poisonous too. In any case, of an any overdose, you should contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Amphotericin B injection is available in the following strength under the brand name of AmphotretInj:
- Amphotret Inj- 50 mg Injection
- Amphotericin B should not be used in patients hypersensitive to any component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be taken by a pregnant woman.
- Lactating mother should not use this drug, there may have a possibility to pass through a breast milk and harm the unborn child.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Amphotericin B cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Amphotret Inj 50 mg injection online, it is advised to do a deep research on its ingredients.
- Patients who have a history of a severe allergic reaction, should inform your doctor before when you take this drug.
- Patients who have a severe liver problem, must take your doctor’s advice regarding the use of this medicament.
- This drug is not suitable for those patients who are having renal impairment, discuss with your doctor about this before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are having any kind of kidney problem, should avoid taking this drug.
- Patients who are having a hepatic dysfunction, then you must inform your doctor before starting up this medicament.
- Patients who are taking chemotherapy, must let your doctor know about this, this drug may interact with anticancer drugs.
- Patients who are having a nerve-muscle disorder such as myasthenia Gravis, must take a consultation with your doctor before taking this medicament.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that occurs and stays for a longer period of time such as:
- Peeling or blistering
- Trouble breathing
- Loss of hearing
- Chest pain
- Easy bruising
- Stuffy nose
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Amphotret Inj:
Inform your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may have the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Amphotret Inj.
Amphotret Inj 50mg comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Amphoteracin B. It acts on the outer covering that is a cell membrane of the fungus that results in leakage of essential nutrients from within the cells, that results in the death of the fungus.
Amphotericin B injections should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate, store in a room temperature. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Amphotret Inj 50mg injection is manufactured by Bharat Serums And Vaccines Limited, India. It is a known Indian pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Amphotret injection – 50 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.