Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|Strength||Eye drop of 0.005% (2.5 ml)|
Description of the drug
Latanoprostis the main active pharmaceutical ingredient present in Xalatan 0.005% (2.5ml) Eye Drop. Latanoprost Opthalmic eye drop used to treat intraocular pressure that is a pressure within the eye due to open-angle glaucoma. Latanoprost is quite similar to a natural chemical in the body called prostaglands, which regulates the flow of fluid within the eyes which results in lowering of eye pressure and prevent blindness due to glaucoma
Indications and Usage
Latanoprost sterile Opthalmic eye drop is used to treat increased pressure in the eye caused by an ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucoma, both eye conditions cause high pressure within the eye known as intraocular pressure that may lead to an eye pain and harm your vision, this drug is indicated for the reduction of increased pressure within the eye.
Dosage and Administration
- Recommended dose:
The recommended dose of Xalatan is 1 drop once daily in the evening in the affected eye. The drug should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Method of Administration:
Xalatan 0.005% (2.5ml) eye drop should be taken through ocular route that is through the eye. Always shake bottle well before use and slowly instill this medicines drop by drop, it is recommended to gently close the eyes for one to two minutes after the administration, do not allow the dropper tip of the bottle to touch the eye. When you buy Xalatan 0.005% (2.5 ml) online, make a note of the administration instructions mentioned here. Also, follow the directions given by your doctor.
- Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may lead to harmful effects. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Latanoprost is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
Xalatan 0.005% (2.5ml) Eye Drop
- Latanoprost should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredient present in the formulation.
- This drug is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women
- This Eye drop is not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers
- Do not use this suspension if the bottle is cracked or damaged in any way
- Do not use sulfa drugs while using this medicine
Warnings and precautions
- Before buying Xalatan2.5 ml (0.005%) Eye Droponline, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients to avoid allergic reaction if the patient has any, with any of the ingredients present in the formulation.
- Do not wear soft contact lenses while using this medicine.
- If the patient had an ocular surgery, then consult your doctor prior taking this drug
- If the patient is having an eye infection, then avoid taking this drug
- If any sign of serious reaction or hypersensitivity occur, immediately discontinue the use of this drug
- Do not allow the tip of the dropper to be touched by eyes or hand, this may lead to the contamination of the drug
- Wash your hand with soap and water before administration of this drug
- Shake well before use
- Put the cap on the bottle right away after the use
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Blurred vision
- Bitter, sour or unusual taste
- Foreign body sensation may occur
- Headache is one of the common side effect that may occur
- Ocular pain
- Ocular discharge
- Burning sensation in the eyes
- Redness of eyes
- Itiching in the eyes
- Eye discharge
- Dry mouth
- Eye fatigue
- Lid margin crusting, or sticky sensation
- Swelling of face, tongue, and throat
- Eyelid skin darkening
- Iris color change
These are the drugs that can show drug interaction with Latanoprost+Benzalkonium Chlorideand can alter Its pharmacological effect:
Other eye drop, if you are taking any other eye drop ,then consult your doctor regarding the same before starting up this medicine, It may lead to drug interaction.
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Latanoprost+Benzalkonium Chloride.
Xalatan0.005% (2.5ml) Eye drop comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Latanoprost, which is a similar to prostaglandin used to treat open-angle glaucoma and intraocular pressure. It works by regulating the flow of fluid within the eye and thus helps in lowering the eye pressure.
Xalatan 0.005% (2.5ml) Eye drop should be stored:
Away from children and pet
Away from heat, light and moisture
The drug is manufactured by Pfizer, it is an American global pharmaceutical company, located in New York, United States.