Sotalol Tab 40 mg
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|28 Tablet/s||US$ 0.52||US$ 14.52||
|56 Tablet/s||US$ 0.48||US$ 26.628%US$ 29.04||
|84 Tablet/s||US$ 0.43||US$ 36.3017%US$ 43.56||
|US Brand Name||Beta Pace|
Sotalol tab 40 mg is a medicine given for patients with atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeats). Sotalol belongs to a class of drugs known as beta-adrenergic blocking agents or beta-blockers. The class of drugs treat irregular heartbeats. Atrial fibrillation happens when certain parts of the heartbeat fast too fast or irregularly. When this is the condition, your heart can’t pump blood through your body as it should. This may cause weakness and tiredness or get you out of breath easily. You may get an uncomfortable feeling in your chest. Sotalol may help your heart stay regularly beating for a longer duration. Patients with a history of myocardial infarction or severe heart failure should be closely monitored.
Take Solalol tablets the same way your doctor has prescribed them to you. You should check with your doctor if you doubt the medicine usage. Your doctor will begin your treatment with a small dose. Your cardiac rhythm will be monitored closely during the treatment. Your dose may be changed after monitoring your response to the treatment.
Lower doses are often used for elderly patients or those suffering from kidney disorders. Sotalol 40 mg tablets should be swallowed whole with a glass of water that can be taken without food. Check with your doctor if you are not sure about the medicine. For the first few initial weeks after you begin taking Sotalol treatment, your dermatologist will need to monitor your condition regularly to check on your response and may need to adjust the dose accordingly (if needed).
Sotalol tab 40 is not for everyone with irregular heartbeats. You and your doctor need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Sotalol and whether your symptoms are bothersome enough to begin treatment with Sotalol.
Do not take this heart medicine if you have:
- A serious kidney problem or are on kidney dialysis.
- Lung disorders that lead to shortness of breath, such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, or asthma.
- Have a very slow heartbeat or have an implanted artificial pacemaker
- Have symptoms of heart failure (such as breathing problems during physical activity and swelling of the ankles or legs).
Taking certain other medicines with Sotalol can increase the chance that you will get a dangerous abnormal heartbeat.
Sotalol 40 mg tab can cause side effects like all medicines, although not everybody gets them. Tell your doctor immediately if you get symptoms such as swelling of the face, tongue, lips, and throat with trouble breathing and swallowing. Side effects seen with Sotalol tablets include
- slow heartbeat, chest pain, low blood pressure, trouble breathing, fainting,
- indigestion, abdominal pain, nausea, diarrhoea, flatulence, cramps,
- depression, mood changes, anxiety, tiredness, weakness, headache, general weakness
- vision changes, changes in the way things taste, sexual dysfunction, fever, rash, and hearing problems
Other side effects include hair loss, excessive sweating, and abnormally low levels of thrombocytes.