Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Rhinocort Aqua|
|Generic Name||Budesonide Sod. Sorbate|
Rhinocort Aqua nasal spray
Rhinocort aqua nasal spray contains Budesonide as an active ingredient. Budesonide is a potent corticosteroid and is effective in seasonal asthma and other allergic symptoms. It is available in the form of aqua based nasal spray and is given to treat nasal inflammation.
The ailments it is used for:
Rhinocort aqua nasal spray is an anti inflammatory drug given in the following conditions such as:
- Allergic asthma
- Seasonal allergic rhinitis
- Perennial non allergic rhinitis
- Stuffy nose
- Itchy nose
- Discomfort of hay fever
Understanding the drug Rhinocort aqua nasal spray:
Rhinocort aqua nasal spray comprises of Budesonide as an active ingredient that has anti-inflammatory property. It is used to treat nasal symptoms such as nasal congestion, sneezing and seasonal asthma.
This medicine directly goes into the airways and lungs and produces its effect. It prevents the signs and symptoms of Asthma. It has anti-inflammatory action and acts on the inflamed airways. This reduces the inflammation by scavenging harmful mediators of inflammation and causes narrowing of the airways. This way, it facilitates smooth breathing and avoids constriction of airways. It is recommended to be used daily as it prevents the development of asthma symptoms.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Rhinocort aqua nasal spray if you:
- Are allergic to the active ingredient like Budesonide
- Have liver disease
- Have glaucoma
- Have herpes simplex virus of your eyes
- Have sores or ulcers inside your nose
- Have glaucoma
- are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- are breast feeding
- you have recently had injury of or surgery on your nose
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. The usual recommended dose is 1 to 4 sprays into each nostril once per day. Always take the dose as prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Rhinocort aqua nasal spray combination available in one strength combination at our website:
- Rhinocort aqua nasal spray 200 mdi (10 ml)
Who is the manufacturer?
Rhinocort aqua nasal spray manufactured by Astra Zeneca Pharma, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 200 mdi.
How to take?
Rhinocort aqua is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Read thoroughly all the instructions mentioned on the instruction label. The common way of taking the spray is:
- Gently shake the bottle
- Clear your nostrils by blowing out
- After that wash your hands and take the lid off the bottle
- Press one side of the nostril and squirt one spray into the nostril by keeping your head straight
- Remove the spray and breathe out through the mouth
- Tilt your head backwards to allow the spray reaching back to the nose
- Repeat the steps if second dose is recommended in the same nostril
When to take?
Always take the medicine as instructed by the Doctor or Pharmacist. Don’t consume the medicine in a greater amount. The intake of dosage varies from patient to patient. So, doctor will recommend the best therapeutic dose for you. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help if anyone has accidently swallowed the medication. Long term use of steroids can cause life threatening symptoms like:
- Menstrual problems
- Decreased libido
- Increased acne of facial hair
- Thinning of skin
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day. This reduces the chances of missing dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the Dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to catch up with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine has some side effects; Rhinocort aqua nasal spray is the one which has some mild and severe side effects also. Some commonly observed side effects are as following:
- Hoarse voice
- Oral thrush
- Sores or white patches inside or around your nose.
- Pain in stomach
Some rare side effects associated with it are as follows:
- Wheezing and breathing difficulties
- Ongoing nose bleeding
- Vision related problems
- Fever, chills and flu symptoms
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Rhinocort aqua nasal spray. Drugs listed below may interact with Rhinocort aqua nasal spray:
- Clarithromycin, erythromycin and Troleandomycin
- Itraconazole, Ketoconazole
- Fluoxetine and Paroxetine
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per prescription
- Don’t use the expired nasal spray
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert
- Avoid getting the drug in your eyes or mouth
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine