Out Of Stock
|US Brand Name||Altace|
Description of the drug
Ramipril is the main active ingredient present in Ramace – 10 mg. It is an oral drug used to lower blood pressure (hypertension), angina (chest pain) and certain heart beat problems.
Indications and Usage
Ramipril is an angiotensin converting enzyme blocker(ACE inhibitor), it works by decreasing certain chemicals that tighten the blood vessels, so blood flows more smoothly and the heart can pump blood more efficiently. It also prevents the risk of heart attack.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Ramace is available in the form of a Capsule to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take once or twice daily before or after having a meal as prescribed by the doctor.
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not double up the dose to make up for the missed one.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may cause side effects, sometimes it may be poisonous. In any case, of an overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Ramace 10 mg
- Cardace 10 mg
- Ramipril should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation or any other ACE inhibitor.
- This drug should not be given to a pregnant woman, or to woman who are planning to get pregnant in the near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
Warnings and precaution
- Remember that Ramipril cannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Rampires 10 mg Capsule online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- If the patient is dehydrated or having a low blood volume, then this drug is not suitable therefore, it is advised to consult your regarding the same before taking this drug
- This drug is not suitable for those patients having a high level of potassium in his/her blood
- Do not take this drug if the patient is having or had the problem of swelling of the face, lips, throat and tongue
- Do not take this drug if the patient having a nerve-muscle disorder such as myasthenia gravis or muscular dystrophy
- Do not drive or use any machinery because using these tablets because this drug maycause you dizziness, so avoid driving and the use of machines, while taking this drug.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole with one full glass of water. Do not powder, or chew the tablet.
- This drug may cause diarrhea, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Low blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
- Fast, slow and irregular heart beat
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Flu like symptoms
- Urinating less often and other indications of abnormal kidney function
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Ringing in the ears and hearing loss
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Ramipril:
- Losartan, valsartan, telmisartan
- Spironolactone, amiloride
- Potassium supplements
- Gold sodium thiomalate
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS)
- Carbamazepine such as Tegretol
- Beta blockers such as atenolol, metoprolol, nadolol, propranolol and timolol
- Clarithromycin such as Biaxin, Prevpac
- Lithium such as Eskalith, Lithobid
- Medications to treat high blood pressure
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Ramipril.
Ramace comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Ramipril, which is an ACE inhibitor called angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors. It works by keeping blood flowing smoothly throughout the body and lowers the blood pressure.
Ramipril tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the Capsule out in open
Ramace – 10 mg tablet is manufactured by Cipla Limited, an Indian pharmaceutical company, located in Mumbai, India.You can easily buy Ramace – 10 mg Tablet online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.