|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.58||US$ 17.33||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.58||US$ 34.65||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.58||US$ 51.98||
|US Brand Name||Livalo|
Description of the drug
Pitavastatin is the active ingredient present in Pivasta 4mg. It is mainly used to lower cholesterol in the body. Pivasta 4mg can be purchased online also.
Indications and Usage
Pitavastatin is given to administer the level of cholesterol in the body. If the medicine is taken it will lower harmful types of cholesterol in the body. However, the good cholesterol (HDL) will rise. It is used to lower triglycerides.
Dosage and Administration
The recommended dose will be determined by the doctor after he examines you thoroughly and after understanding the severity of your condition.
-Method of Administration:
It is good to take the drug at the same time each day. It can be taken with or without food. If taken in an empty stomach and if you suffer from stomach upset, then you can resort to taking it after meals. It is essential to follow the workout and diet plan as determined by your doctor.
As soon as you are aware of the missed dose, take it immediately. However, if it is close to the next dose you may skip the missed dose and continue with the original schedule. It is advisable not to take two doses at the same time.
Overdose of medicines can lead to several side effects. Hence, it is very important that you should take the medicine as per the prescription of the doctor. Talk to your doctor and get medical help in case of overdose.
Forms and Strengths:
- Form: Tablet
- Strength: 4 mg
The medicine is contraindicated in people who have an allergy to the ingredients.
Warnings and precautions
- If you are allergic to any medicine including Pitavastatin you must tell your doctor in advance about it.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any medical condition and also inform him about your medical history. It is also essential to tell your doctor about the medicines that you are taking currently so that drug interaction does not take place.
- If you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant you must consult your doctor before taking the medicine.
- If you are breast feeding your baby inform your doctor about it.
- It is essential to follow the diet and workout regime that will be fixed by the doctor along with the medicine for best results.
- One should try to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the period of treatment.
Some common side effects of the medication include:
- Back pain
- Muscle weakness
- Joint pain
- Loose stools
- Chest Pain
There may be other side effects as well. The side effects as mentioned above in most of the cases subside after some time. However, if it persists for long then you must visit a doctor as soon as you can.
Sometime the medicines that you take may not be safe if you take them with other medicines. Taking them together can cause bad effects. Pitavastatin may interact with the following medicines:
It may also interact with other medicines as well. Hence it is advisable to let your doctor know about the complete list of medicines that may interact with Pitavastatin.
The medicine contains the active ingredient Pitavastatin. On administration, the drug reduces the production of fatty substances including cholesterol in the body.
Store it in a dry and a cool place away from the reach of the children. After the expiry date is over the medicine must not be used.
It is manufactured by Zydus.